Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
9 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

What is the lowest uk dewpoint record , done a quick search but can’t find anything for dewpoint records

My back garden when I do the first weeding in early spring I believe. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy / snow

-10.2c here in forth

• Like 7

Posted
8 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Hi  guys!  Thanks for your concern.

Actually, felt quite at home in hospital amongst the 'baw' talk!  Mine was a' baw'  joint though, completely out of its socket!

Had to go through a procedure, after a few x-rays, to re-locate it!     Thankfully, they knocked me out for that.   Must have been at least 8 straight hours in there.   Not long home.

Anyhoo, what an event eh? I think easily 30cms out front and 40cms out back!   (House shelter.)

Currently -2.7c/-4.8c/E/calm.☺️

I feel your pain @Blitzen, I dislocated and broke mine 4 days before Christmas but they managed to relocate mine with just gas & air thankfully. My x-rays were a treat to look at haha.  Still suffering pain yet and physio is torture! Glad you're home again, take things easy for the next few weeks.

Currently -9.4c/-11.0c in Banchory, beautifully clear night with stars out doing their twinkly thing.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
1 minute ago, Big Innes Madori said:

As I had mentioned in a previous post, it is difficult to determine exactly how much Snaw we got here due to the winds which accompanied the heavy showers and caused much drifting. I can see some neighbours gardens which have had more shelter from the swirling winds and the auld patio table top standard would look to be a good 12" plus! A decent event me thinks and very picturesque indeed

Would it be right tae say that the the warm up early next week, may be short lived and the Easterlies will be back very soon?

Big Innes 

I'd say 60/40% of the scandi high building,the 0zs will be interesting to see which way the trend.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

The battle is now on as at 23:00 between Kinbrace and Braemar! 

Harry Hill knows how to sort itI'm going to go with Kinbrace winning on this one 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

@101_North That's what happened here. We ended up climbing right up to -5.2C, we are now back down to -5.6C. At this point I am not sure what to expect. Netweather has us down as dropping to -10.8C around 3am, so we will see.

@Blitzen I am so glad you are back home, we've all been getting quite worried!

• Like 6