Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
39 minutes ago, aggy said:

I don’t want it to be over

Think we safely have the snaw secure on the ground until Saturday minimum, probably Sunday too. Think too that the metoffice have been over-exaggerating any Sunday warm-up, its going to feel baltic in that southerly/SSE/SE-easterly by the weekend, surface cold will see to that.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Also heard lots of Geese this morning, something really cool about hearing and seeing them. Definitely a sound that connects to memories and late Autumn / Winter.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
56 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

The idea of going outside in a dressin goon is mind boggling. Harry Secombe, we salute you.

Ah yes, that'll be Neddie Snawgoon.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Norrance said:

ps. Anyone in North Glasgow. Are the roads ok? My daughter finished a night shift at 8AM in Bearsden but doesnt appear to be home yet? @A Winter's Tale?

I know main roads thruogh Stirling and beyond on the motorway are not too bad, some side roads still to be cleared but nothing causing traffic issues so far, albeit traffic is very light.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
18 minutes ago, Norrance said:

The more Northerly element in the flow reduced the number and intensity of the showers a lot here but I think we still picked up an extra cm or two. Still a flurry this morning which until two days ago I would have git quite excited about.

The view from my front door this morning. 
ps. Anyone in North Glasgow. Are the roads ok? My daughter finished a night shift at 8AM in Bearsden but doesnt appear to be home yet? @A Winter's Tale?

8426F7CC-9196-44A9-9E15-7BF99269BB63.jpeg

I’m on the south side of Glasgow and the main roads are fine. I’d expect the depths are a bit more towards Bearsden but I doubt it’s radically worse than here.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
5 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

I’m on the south side of Glasgow and the main roads are fine. I’d expect the depths are a bit more towards Bearsden but I doubt it’s radically worse than here.

Thanks. I phoned her and found she had stopped at Morrisons to get the shopping. All well.

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Hard to find the perfect spot to measure due to the wind but the driveway is between 32-34cm. 

20210210_091403_crop_465x811.thumb.jpg.0ba812e605dbf5c8b6d46e4a322727f8.jpg

if only there was a way to describe the position between 32 and 34cm!

Not quite that depth in Morningside - I measured 20cm in the garden this morning.

Edited by pdiddy
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
28 minutes ago, Falkirk Snow said:

Standard garden table pics lol

20210210_075022.jpg

20210210_075039.jpg

Shows the difference 5 miles makes, only about 4 inches here. Still not bad and probably the deepest it's been in over 10 years here.

• Like 6