Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
1 minute ago, JoeShmoe said:

may be getting well over excited but liking the look of this line that's forming

image.thumb.png.c47af0b172f31a7f2005990e7628411e.png

Me too! It looks very promising... 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
7 minutes ago, edo said:

just seen windy Wilson saying rain in Perth and Dundee tomorrow night barely looked at anything except radar for three days...Is this a possibility??

Windy must be extracting the urine I think !

Edited by Sunny Leith
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, edo said:

just seen windy Wilson saying rain in Perth and Dundee tomorrow night barely looked at anything except radar for three days...Is this a possibility??

This wee screenshot suggests that's erm, less than likely [\politeness] 

Screenshot_20210209-201406.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, edo said:

Sounds like horse poop

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

may be getting well over excited but liking the look of this line that's forming

The showers are slower moving than last night which helps if you get hit with one.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
3 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

There's presumably some raw model output that resolves graupel as rain because of the shallow warm layer. But no serious weather watcher would look at the -12C uppers around and say "aye that looks like rain to me"

He clearly doesn’t comprehend the power of the blob

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

thank you for responses.....popped up on my twitter feed....he bugs me i need to unfollow .... he seems to have deleted it

edit popped up on my twitter from last week was for last wednesday  fair doos that was wet

im clearly in some snow induced drunk state

Edited by edo
  • Like 9

Posted
11 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

2D67B801-4F6B-4388-82A2-8C61B4BF02BF.thumb.png.e2c012f588ab2f3f8ec9ace2fb9f1ff0.png

The graphic I posted earlier was fairly accurate the way it’s now shaping up and that was for 9pm 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
16 minutes ago, Swave Snow said:

come on move down to Aviemore 

Some shown to get to you especially around midnight

Edited by drm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
19 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

The showers are slower moving than last night which helps if you get hit with one.

It's possibly helping us less in Coatbridge since you're retaining a bit more of it but they do seem to generally be getting through to Glasgow with ease. I would also say - that crazy blob heading through Fife (I'll expect lamp post reports from my mum ) is very much heading towards a good chunk of central Scotland...

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Wee video from about an hour ago

That really is brilliant 101, will need to save that for when I'm suffering from snow withdrawal lol!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Watching the last blob approaching. Bottom half on a perfect track for here. Then the bottom half just fizzled out. Looks like the showers break up as they head over the Eaglesham Moor. So nothing reaches here but the top half stays intact and hits@Ross B and @Stormeh

I blame the wife for choosing where to live. Mind you, she’d have us on the Ayrshire coast if left unchecked!

Just back in from the evening torchlight walk. Cold, crispy and a few flakes in the breeze. Photos taken in complete darkness. Amazing what the camera on the phone can pick up.

0B2B3A4F-AA40-4641-BE57-A1DE96531264.thumb.jpeg.6cd3819b4748c5a8c62c670fc458f5db.jpeg

F12C8AFD-115B-47CB-91BF-0AE6F1CCDE1F.thumb.jpeg.379d23024a775b8758757a2f81f9131d.jpeg

Good photos. Yeah we're just catching the edge of them before they completely die out. Probably moderate snow compared to further east but the path and driveway are covered over again after I cleared them earlier. 

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Wee video from about an hour ago

Any chance you could do an hour long version and post it on the Irish thread to give us even the pretence of snow!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Watching the last blob approaching. Bottom half on a perfect track for here. Then the bottom half just fizzled out. Looks like the showers break up as they head over the Eaglesham Moor. So nothing reaches here but the top half stays intact and hits@Ross B and @Stormeh

I blame the wife for choosing where to live. Mind you, she’d have us on the Ayrshire coast if left unchecked!

Just back in from the evening torchlight walk. Cold, crispy and a few flakes in the breeze. Photos taken in complete darkness. Amazing what the camera on the phone can pick up.

0B2B3A4F-AA40-4641-BE57-A1DE96531264.thumb.jpeg.6cd3819b4748c5a8c62c670fc458f5db.jpeg

F12C8AFD-115B-47CB-91BF-0AE6F1CCDE1F.thumb.jpeg.379d23024a775b8758757a2f81f9131d.jpeg

Geez you don't wanna be on the coast !

• Like 1