Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
12 minutes ago, 101_North said:

That blob between North Berwick and Dunbar has taken on a little more interest in the last 15mins or so. 

Yes, it will test my theory!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Yes, it will test my theory!

Your theory look sound so far. Appears to be hugging the Forth and not sinking south past the Pentlands as the previous few blobs! 

• Like 2

Posted

We're getting quite lucky with the showers. Not overly heavy but snow totals slowly increasing, cars are getting stuck on the road outside as the earlier snow is compacted down to ice.

radar.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Your theory look sound so far. Appears to be hugging the Forth and not sinking south past the Pentlands as the previous few blobs! 

Snowing here but nowhere near as intense as last night

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
3 minutes ago, Ross B said:

We're getting quite lucky with the showers. Not overly heavy but snow totals slowly increasing, cars are getting stuck on the road outside as the earlier snow is compacted down to ice.

radar.JPG

Would agree with this, south side now doing really well out of this. Angle of attack now ideal.

Currently a procession of families and sledges upto the nearby park.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Tits are oot. Feeder frenzy earlier.

Temperature -0.4deg.C up from -2.1deg.C at 01:52, humidity 87%, wind 2 to 3mph east-northeasterly with a 11mph gust at 09:32, pressure 1016.7hPa steady, 2mm of snizzle on the slabs, currently snizzling, cloud cover 8/8 and the dew point is at -2deg.C.

Tits oot.jpg

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Looks from the radar that some of the heavier showers are making it all the way through to Prestwick, Troon and Barassie via us here in East Ayrshire. Whoop whoop.

• Like 6

Posted

heavy snow here now.  I think North Berwick and Gullane are the targets, so we need the showers crossing there on the way in... Dunbar showers may now miss us to the South!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
13 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

@drm Some proper beefy showers coming into Aberdeen now ❄️❄️ 

Early afternoon looks good 

• Like 4

Posted

Hi all. I think someone in Aberdeen has pi$$ed in the weather gods cornflakes?  We just can't seem to catch a streamer at all this spell, but done "okay" I guess despite that.  But is our luck changing?  Radar and nowcasting look promising.  Some great posts from elsewhere, where clearly you have been offering the weather gods blue-top in their cornflakes!  

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

Hi all. I think someone in Aberdeen has pi$$ed in the weather gods cornflakes?  We just can't seem to catch a streamer at all this spell, but done "okay" I guess despite that.  But is our luck changing?  Radar and nowcasting look promising.  Some great posts from elsewhere, where clearly you have been offering the weather gods blue-top in their cornflakes!  

Some good heavy showers making their way to Aberdeen over next few hours. I’m up in Altens and it’s been heavy here for best part of 20mins  now so fingers crossed for more ??

• Like 3

Posted
51 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Been quite impressed with the yr.no app during this spell. The forecasts have been spot on in the main and the temps match closer to my garden sensor than the Met office app. Even now they have it dry in Edinburgh for the next few hours which looks fairly accurate. They have snow showers bothering the city again from 2pm onwards so be interesting to see what happens. 

I hate the Met Office app but there's a wee gem called Weather Forecast: UK by Onjara Software in the Google Play store that uses Met Office data and forecasts but in a much more user friendly interface. 

really like that app look/interface - thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1