Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Whoo hoo happy to live in Falkirk, also happy I drove the ancient camper to the garage earlier and didn't wait until tomorrow. 

• Like 9

Posted
34 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

From my reading of it, it'll alternate between being split and fluctuating - I think it might be starting to move back north a bit in an hour or two and I certainly don't think places like Perth, for example, are at all out of it yet.

Am I right in thinking it then comes back down and funnels up the fourth ? Around the early hours ?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Sawel said:

Been an exceptional 24 hours! 

IMG_20210208_180845126.jpg

IMG_20210208_180933547.jpg

Dundee has done great, 6-7cm at house , dundee still looks to in for another few cms tomorrow and still just in a yellow weather warning...

euro going for anywhere between 15-20 cm here, any accuracy in this, surely not another 10cm to fall in Tayside in 36 hours?

Edited by Dundeeguy
  • Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norrie Tolson said:

I take it us Ayrshire folks will be bombed out again?

Possibly same as 2018...Linwood across to Greenock was a sweet point back then as heavy snow followed the Clyde.

Edited by jellybaby1969
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

That's exactly what I was hoping for, flags up 50-60cm (taken with a bucket of salt ofcourse), for livingston, Bathgate, Armadale, blackridge, Caldercruix. 

Definitely a correction I wanted to see. 

We have a decent covering already, maybe 3cm on the flat on average but some parts reaching 6-7cm with the wind. Just a pity the wind isn't stronger 

Definitely puts us more in the mix 

but I still say the nauld

when’s the next update 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Just been out for a wee walk and back at garden it’s measuring  2cm in last hour . 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Looking at the radar- Some really beefy showers looking they are going to track their way through Glasgow area and into Renfrewshire over coming hours

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Got permission to share this one from the UKV, snow totals out to Wednesday Evening.

Good to have the UKV model to review along with the other Hi Res output.. really good close up view of things so will happily shamelessly plug that it is available on Net Weather Extra. The 03z and 15z runs go out to 120 hours, with 00z, 06z, 09z, 12z, 18z and 21z runs which go out to 54 hours.

12z and 15z from today below..

image.thumb.png.1e91290d00e58a6f23181696697c7a88.png  image.thumb.png.0d76408bae72834ff4363b42d28e032f.png

There is less at 9pm than what there was at 6pm lol  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
14 minutes ago, aggy said:

Am I right in thinking it then comes back down and funnels up the fourth ? Around the early hours ?

I'd think so, the timings are a bit up in the air really but generally it'll fluctuate back and forth between the main streamers being south of the Forth and along the Tay over the next 30 hours or so. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
12 minutes ago, Ross B said:

We're just on the southern edge of the Glasgow snow and have got a dusting. Cars coming  off the motorway are plastered. Picture of the showers over Glasgow (before everything turned white here) 

20210208_190313.jpg

Hoping everything moves slightly further south! 

Much the same here although last blob has given us cm or 2. Incoming snow may looked more favourable for us in southside.

This might even go too south!

Edited by Bullseye
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
10 minutes ago, Jambo Fowler said:

I'd say Perth will get hit with this line of showers .... or am I being delusional lol

Screenshot_20210208-193319_Chrome.jpg

let's hope so Jambo that looks healthy still need that bit of luck, I love the fact despite all reports in here people are surprised by the intensity of the showers and the speed of accumulation.....Nothing better than that first big shower of the cold spell

• Like 4

Just now, edo said:

let's hope so Jambo that looks healthy still need that bit of luck, I love the fact despite all reports in here people are surprised by the intensity of the showers and the speed of accumulation.....Nothing better than that first big shower of the cold spell

What you reckon for tonight @edo

• Like 1