Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

really lining up and intensity is good ..... sat image shows more behind the radar

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 02.51.43.png

Polish_20210208_025321021.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Yeah, our road is at least white now - even though cars have driven over it.

image.thumb.png.b8ee0f7cd1d802775292860f67d35caf.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
1 hour ago, edo said:

amazing from Tampa but bit of an anticlimax 

I don't see the anticlimax. Apart from watching another great Brady offence, I'm fascinated to see if Tampa's defense can shut out Mahomes. Looks like they will.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Goodnight all. Worth staying up for.

Not a hint of any weather outside.

• Like 1

Posted

Got to hand it to Brady, fantastic accomplishment in that sport to still be playing at that level at 43, there’s hope for Russell Wilson yet.

Just started snowing again so a fitting end to my evening. -1.5c/-2.5c 

Night all, hope you all wake to a good dump of sna.

• Like 3

Posted

Overnight we didn’t catch anything 

bitterly cold 

the forecast has dropped down to25mm from 31mn

winds were the forecast to go ENE? I hope we are still on track for later 

heavy snow just started 

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all .  Looks to be a good few inches overnight and some beefy showers inbound.  We did pretty well yesterday and hopefully more of the same.  Looking at the Euro4 not much for here today, but it does not seem to pick up the convective stuff I guess as shows nothing last night/now whereas we are still getting heavy short sharp showers.  Mostly light fluffy slow, but woken in the middle of the night by some mental hail, and I wondered if a clap of thunder?  Good luck all today if it is snow you are after 

• Like 6

Posted
10 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

Morning all .  Looks to be a good few inches overnight and some beefy showers inbound.  We did pretty well yesterday and hopefully more of the same.  Looking at the Euro4 not much for here today, but it does not seem to pick up the convective stuff I guess as shows nothing last night/now whereas we are still getting heavy short sharp showers.  Mostly light fluffy slow, but woken in the middle of the night by some mental hail, and I wondered if a clap of thunder?  Good luck all today if it is snow you are after 

Ignore that on the Euro4 - my computer was displaying last week for some reason!!

Looking at IR satellite you can see the  convective stuff nicely up and down the east.  But looking out towards Norway there are a couple of bigger blobs behind the smaller convective blobs (excuse the terminology!).  A good 4-6 hours away, but not sure if that is something to get excited about, or is it simply the wee convective showers and they sort of break of in to smaller bit as they push west?

Looks liejk we will do okay for showers today, though perhaps not as exciting as further South of here as @JoeShmoe points out

image.png.9c36637e8bbc5a101e28b4332d03c146.png

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

its-time-to-play-the-game.thumb.jpg.9bd1cb5bdc84dabb9b022eb1349282a6.jpg mix of a dusting - covering of snow and graupel IMG_20210208_072557.thumb.jpg.a0764664fd89658cc470069536464c8e.jpg

I am usually not that keen on the euro 4 but am praying if its even a bit close to recent output

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Nothing much to write home about here this morning, a bit of a crunchy dusting but no sledging today. Ancient campervan due in for its MOT on Wednesday, now have to decide if I call my mechanic and ask to drop it off early today or risk driving the thing down on Wednesday through possible (hopefully) heavier white stuff. It's rear wheel drive and never tried it in the snow. 

• Like 5

Posted

Convergence line setting up perfectly for here or I'm misreading the radar...

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

its-time-to-play-the-game.thumb.jpg.9bd1cb5bdc84dabb9b022eb1349282a6.jpg mix of a dusting - covering of snow and graupel IMG_20210208_072557.thumb.jpg.a0764664fd89658cc470069536464c8e.jpg

I am usually not that keen on the euro 4 but am praying if its even a bit close to recent output

I can’t find the euro 4 , do you have a copy 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, howham said:

I think you are right.  I am sort of willing it South a bit but looks to have your name on it, though hard to say who'll get it between here and further up. 

Interesting on the fax charts after the convergence jaggy line has moved down East coast over the next few days and in to Northern England, a polar low over Shetland?  and Heading down?  Wishful thinking perhaps?  (or more accurately, poor interpretation of a fax chart by me!)

image.thumb.png.56009776950d433de79371147b6e42ee.png 

EDIT, in fact looking at the FAX charts it is bang on them, where it shows 6am it running in just north of here, by midday just south of here, and then drifts down until midnight Fife-ish, and midday tomorrow Central Belt.

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, howham said:

I think it is tracking slightly south of east, but with a bit if luck it is big enough and heavy enough to affect us both. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

The cold is the headline here this morning rather than the snow. -2.2C, which is pretty good for us  Any showers coming through have been fizzling out in the 20 miles between us and the coast....which is reminiscent of previous easterlies tbh.

• Like 7