Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

We’ve had few showers here today but nothing really lying, the temperature has went back up to 1c again   

Edited by Allyw12
  • Like 4

Posted

More frequent, heavier snow on now.  I drove to Ellon earlier (recycling centre) and there was some graupel.  Much less snow than here but glad to hear it is popping up there too now!

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, drm said:

I'm 54,soon be 55 but shhhh,Im far better at setting up Turntables for playing vinyl

Same age as my 'little' brother and sharing a hobby with him...he also likes to play with scooters. I'm the technology person of the family, should have been a boy really 

Back to the weather, another decent shower of graupel falling here now, depths will build up quickly at this rate.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cald

Just a small dusting in Stoney this far. The bigger showers seem to be missing us a few miles to the North or South & we get the tail end, although looking at the radar, the North sea looks chokka block with showers. Will be keeping an eye out on the radar, so when a heavy shower is approaching, the dog will be getting some exercise, i don't mind getting covered, don't tell the dog though.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
15 minutes ago, EastLothianSnow said:

Was thinking that the showers off east central were looking pretty sparse at the moment, compared to the beefier ones in the north east.  Hope those do indeed creep south.

Stats for here certainly not deteriorating though.   Thankful for small mercies!

Screenshot_2021-02-07 FifeWeather co uk - Live Dials.png

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Patience @Allyw12the cool down now and colder uppers arriving full pelt and then we have to cross fingers as missing the heavier showers just now. 

• Like 6

Posted
20 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Starting to looking interesting for the Lothians through to Glasgow with the way the next line of convection is lining up, looks pretty heavy and a bit larger than what we've seen at this latitude so far. Very light graupel here at the moment 

It’s looking pretty decent ❄️❄️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
1 minute ago, edo said:

Patience @Allyw12the cool down now and colder uppers arriving full pelt and then we have to cross fingers as missing the heavier showers just now. 

Thanks @edo I’m trying to be patient, watching the radar just now isn’t helping

• Like 4

Posted
22 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Was thinking that the showers off east central were looking pretty sparse at the moment, compared to the beefier ones in the north east.  Hope those do indeed creep south.

Stats for here certainly not deteriorating though.   Thankful for small mercies!

Screenshot_2021-02-07 FifeWeather co uk - Live Dials.png

Certainly look to be creeping south so hopefully they will arrive later on. Last couple of showers have started lying more widely, road looking white now whereas earlier it was just melting. Good sign for later. 

• Like 7