Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
27 minutes ago, Dundeeguy said:

Light Snow falling here in dundee, light dusting on all surfaces already. Dundee and surrounding areas , fife and Angus look to be absolutely buried within next few days. 

Yes, up here in Angus, early light showers now becoming more organised and heavier. You can see on the radar the separation now of individual cells coming on shore. Didn’t take long for those lower dew points to suck the moisture of sodden ground surfaces, ‘dry’ snow now blowing about in the wind in the heaviest showers.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
2 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Snowing lightly here now but not sticking, it’s 2.0c on the nose. Going to need heavier precipitation or for the temperature to drop a bit to get anything on the ground! 

You might be in luck soon, looks like a few heavier showers coming in just about in line with your part of Fife in the next half hour. Be interesting to hear if that helps pull the temp down for you.

• Like 6

Posted

Some tiny flakes blowing around in the wind here too. Am hopeful we’ll get a covering of some kind here eventually, although (as others have mentioned) I think the Kilsyth-Cumbernauld-Denny kind of area is more favoured in this kind of set-up, as far as the central belt is concerned.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

I'm in Beith, quite far west and there's snow falling here too nice flakes blowing about in the wind! 

• Like 9

Posted
3 minutes ago, cragonmore said:

You might be in luck soon, looks like a few heavier showers coming in just about in line with your part of Fife in the next half hour. Be interesting to hear if that helps pull the temp down for you.

I’ve just calculated the wet bulb temperature  (which we call wet baw on here ). It’s +0.2c  Just on the wrong side of marginal for now!

• Like 7

Posted

When are the coldest uppers forecast ? 
I’m assuming not as yet as the North Sea hasn’t really ramped up the showers as yet,,❄️
Once the coldest uppers move over the sea should it not be like a lake effect

• Like 4

Posted

Frequent light snow flurries - mixture of snow and graupel, now lying on most surfaces but not amounting anything other than a dusting. Wind has a bit more bite than it did yesterday.

I wanna see some green and yellow colours on the radar out in the North Sea soon!

Edited by Zerouali lives
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Having said that when u look out the snow melting on surfaces fairly quickly so I guess conditions still not optimal as of yet. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, edo said:

Having said that when u look out the snow melting on surfaces fairly quickly so I guess conditions still not optimal as of yet. 

You need yer wet baw calculator at hand 

V2V0IEJ1bGIgQ2FsY3VsYXRvcg.png
WWW.OMNICALCULATOR.COM

With humidity and temperature you can find out the value of the wet-bulb temperature, and if it's any different from the normal air temperature.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all.

Well we have had a slight dusting overnight.   Just been out to feed the birds and it feels and looks like walking on sugar!  Very crunchy.  Probably graupel?

Very dry and blowing around.

0.2c/-2c/ENE/15mph/1018/lowest overnight -0.1c.   More sugar falling now!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 9