Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
36 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Some inspiration from the Netherlands...

Nijmegen is in the east, near the German border. I spent some time studying there as a student on an exchange programme. Was a great wee university city. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
plains.jpg?w=640
WWW.MERCURYNEWS.COM

The couple were reportedly...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
11 minutes ago, MAXcrazystorm said:

i got around 20cm i think to the SE of Perth, not as much as Fife and the central belt though....

I think it was around 40-45cm or so in Freuchie, it's still my profile picture February 2018 was decent here too, I think we topped 30cm but it was a wee bit less certainly than December 2010.

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, MAXcrazystorm said:

oh. i thought you meant the bfte lol sorry

Nope 2010.  BFTE wasn't that much, but possibly about 30 tbh... but again my memory is going lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
10 minutes ago, Michael Kaii said:

Could anyone help me. Was wondering with the model charts for what does it mean for Bo'ness I’m on the fourth and the last time we got an beast from the east we done well. So how does this one upcoming do for us

I'd think probably pretty well to be honest, but I'd think anywhere on the Forth estuary especially towards Falkirk/Bo'ness should be looking at at least a couple of inches. If some of the runs this evening come off though, could well be getting close to the totals from previous big easterlies by the end of the week.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, howham said:

Yes, the drifting was the thing with 2018.  Very dry snow.

Yes it was just whipping off the fields and covering the road. Watched the road get cleared and then 30minutes later it was covered again

• Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

I'd think probably pretty well to be honest, but I'd think anywhere on the Forth estuary especially towards Falkirk/Bo'ness should be looking at at least a couple of inches. If some of the runs this evening come off though, could well be getting close to the totals from previous big easterlies by the end of the week.

How we looking here LS? Or is it going north and south of Edinburgh do you think? Guess a lot will be radar watching ... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

How we looking here LS? Or is it going north and south of Edinburgh do you think? Guess a lot will be radar watching ... 

Just leave it... 

• Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Really hard to get a feel for this one to be honest, I think you'll end up with at least a wee bit because it does seem like the wind direction will change a couple of times, and the convergence lines seem likely to shift about as well which always helps with keeping the snow distribution relatively even (and deep, and crisp etc.).

Edited by LomondSnowstorm
  • Like 4

Posted

Just briefly, I think tomorrow will be telling in the MetO thinking in terms of what they think in terms of convergence zones, and streamers etc. Should be Amber warnings out by tomorrow night..... Then we can patiently wait on the red

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

@scottishandygreat pics.... love the one in the dark of the house

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
23 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

2010 was pretty special from what I remember. -12/13 temps and snow day after day. We stayed in Kilmalcolm at the time and I dug the car out most days before work  

5B2E8909-4740-4868-88BF-90A431FA5E89.jpeg

The thing that surprised me in 2010 - was that this helicopter at Borders General Hospital, was apparently unable to fly because it was too cold! 

image.thumb.png.45a6549458096a1bf14421bbda42065b.png

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Some actual, real life, weather to report - it is in fact snowing here. The radar isn't showing it (of course, HC) and it's very light, but might be worth checking the lamp post since there seems to be a couple of line of, albeit probably snizzly, snow showing up on a sort of Clackmannan Bridge-M80-East Dunbartonshire and a Lauder-Lanark-EK sort of line too

Nothing here, although we have the led lights ootside and they are rubbish

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 5