Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!
1 hour ago, Watsy said:

Nothing to do with the weather but are you sure she actually has a pressure sensor? My car puts a light on when it suspects a tyre is under inflated but I have to reset it manually in the settiings otherwise the light will just stay on forever. 

Hi yes it has a tpms sensor unit, not sure if it has a reset switch ? as it’s an new car to her but an older model , I’ll check it tomorrow and make sure there’s not a reset button . Thanks for the advice . I’m used to skodas not Hyundai’s. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Really is no end to this sleety pish! Day after day after day! Brutal

U can't have all this wonderful marginal success all year and think the devil wouldn't take his revenge

• Like 6

Posted
23 minutes ago, edo said:

U can't have all this wonderful marginal success all year and think the devil wouldn't take his revenge

True! On the right side of marginal more than usual! He's still a laminate floor though

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 7

Posted
18 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

That’ll be Charles on the Tractor, his farm has the Strathdon snow clearing contract with Aberdeenshire Cooncil, it’ll be one of the better winters for him this year.

That's him, the photo was titled Charlie Sna Ploo! 

I expected they would have needed the blower to get up there but I guess it just depends how it blows in. 

Light snow falling here now - looks like proper stuff after a day of wet rubbish. 

• Like 9

Posted
4 minutes ago, Altostratus said:

Can confirm a good covering on all surfaces here. Hopefully it stays that way...

Where in Aberdeen are you at 156m? Highest point in the city is 130m so you must be just outside somewhere...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
9 minutes ago, Altostratus said:

Kingswells - still technically a city suburb but right on the city/shire border. Snow getting heavier now and building nicely.

Where is highest point in the city ? Must be in Mastrick ?

Turning to snow in culter now - lower uppers must be kicking in now ? 

• Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, Altostratus said:

Kingswells - still technically a city suburb but right on the city/shire border. Snow getting heavier now and building nicely.

It is showing up very nicely on the TrafficScotland road cameras currently. There seems to be some form of intermittent sleet here this evening.

• Like 4