Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Rain turned to sleet now in Banchory, temperatures are falling slowly, not getting my hopes up.  Off to have a look at Fubar on Facebook to see what's been going on round about. 

image.thumb.png.80a70897963bbda2e2686107c759b95e.png

Not entirely sure I believe the river-cams as the one for Potarch, further up the Dee from me is showing the river level very nearly lower than it is in summer.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Over in the model thread I don't normally pay any attention to the posters that go looking for breakdowns from cold spells that in many cases haven't even begun. However I did notice a post from John Holmes whose views I do respect saying that using all three of his methods including the 500, sfce and T charts the Atlantic breaks through the whole of the UK. by day 10 from the SW.  Any views on this?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Oh by the way, I don't know anything about the SEPA issue - but they sent me a Flood Alert text at 9am. So perhaps their systems are now available again?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
12 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Ta Dah!

DSCN1915.JPG

DSCN1916.JPG

DSCN1918.JPG

DSCN1917.JPG

You should lay some nice stones around the edge, put in some carp, and make a feature of it. Would compliment your lovely garden. 

My house turns into river cottage in rain like this as the road becomes a stream. It's so steep though it's not a flooding issue as it just runs past. I built up some stone rimmed flowerbeds to enure the surface water stays away from the foundations.

Edited by Scottish-Irish Skier
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

2.7c/2.3c/rain lighter.   So... things pretty static here.

• Like 5