Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
3 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Nice one, that bit usually gets the snow in marginal situations - I'd buy a house there if they weren't so ridiculously expensive

Haha same here 

it’s amazing the difference 60-70m asl makes when snow is falling in the area. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Rain rain lots of rain here. Seems no end to it.

This easterly seems a long way off just now.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Horrible damp, grey, drizzly morning. Snow line is still about the 200m mark on the hills. Just plain old rain forecast today but it'll keep me away from the window and focused on work / school work / mediating arguments instead of squinting out the window to see if the sleety pish is turning  

I wasted so much time looking out the window yesterday!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I would think it will just be when rather than if they are going to issue an amber warning from Sunday > Tuesday might extend quite a bit west, also often in the big cold spells the breaking down of the colder air you can add a day or two on so it was looking like possibly Wednesday but this mornings charts already wanting to extend the cold 

• Like 9

Posted
7 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I would think it will just be when rather than if they are going to issue an amber warning from Sunday > Tuesday might extend quite a bit west, also often in the big cold spells the breaking down of the colder air you can add a day or two on so it was looking like possibly Wednesday but this mornings charts already wanting to extend the cold 

Biggest problem for us is that the models are a bit wobbly on how long that moderate to strong easterly persists for. Some models just have a good easterly till the end of Monday then go really slack, others continue a moderate easterly till Wednesday evening then go slacker. I am thinking the easterlies will ease off around Tuesday but still snow coming off the N sea. 

• Like 7