Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, MAXcrazystorm said:

I need a E or ENE here for Perth. 

im not great at finding old charts but sure Sun 29th November 2010 was ESE ever so slightly , we did very well here then. Im sure someone could find a better representation of the conditions.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 20.15.13.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
8 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Showers have stopped for the moment as they look to have coalesced into two streamer bands, one to the North, the other to the South of us.  Note what appear to be radar false returns coming from wind farms (bright red dots) to the NW/N of Alford.

Temperature sticking at 0.7c and a definite slight thaw on the shed roofs; about 1cm lying snow.

image.thumb.png.656a11681281dd0411d296df3ccd81bb.png

Not bad total for the day considering the fun is not really supposed to start here until later in the week.

Hard not to like these views of incoming snow showers...

image.thumb.png.e9eebd6d6eb5932c5adc1b342dab6527.png

Got to come past you from Glenlivet Friday morning- taking someone to Aberdeen hospital...who knows what conditions will be like then ! ❄️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
6 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

A good point, 2018 was exceptional and I think we'd struggle to get close to that (although I suppose it coming a month earlier will also work in our favour both in terms of the North Sea not having cooled quite as much and less sunlight). The 500mb temps on the ECMWF are actually a bit stronger, at least if my colour picker app is right (I wish they'd label a few isobars for us!), -36C over central Scotland by Sunday midday:

image.thumb.png.43b27b7232fc3e9e680cf0e3e6d31031.png

I'm a little sceptical of that myself though given the ICON only has it around -32C
image.thumb.png.7fe2ac5c71fee19f5ff4ce6d6b33af63.png

Neither is exactly this though:

image.thumb.png.501e836fe9a90e6265f89cb8bb8f252f.png

What were the 500mb temps with the late November / start of December 2010 snow streamers

• Like 8