Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

It's been wet and wild all day here - it was so loud last night it woke me up!  However, I've also got water inside too, as the kitchen roof has sprung a leak - brother is on his way to look at it (he works at a plumbers) so fingers crossed it's nothing serious!  I did see a few flakes at times but I'm still rather nervous about the next few days - let's just wait and see... oh, and I think we should all move to Braemar lol!

Edited by TinyTim
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Some major upgrades on the current weather here according to the aptly named 'Accuweather' - from 5C to 2C in 20 minutes The fact it was sleeting outside was maybe a tip off that something went badly wrong with whatever model they were using, but a little bizarre all the same.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
2 minutes ago, MAXcrazystorm said:

I need a E or ENE here for Perth. 

Hope so ?? or it will be 2018 all over again

• Like 6

Posted
6 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Some major upgrades on the current weather here according to the aptly named 'Accuweather' - from 5C to 2C in 20 minutes The fact it was sleeting outside was maybe a tip off that something went badly wrong with whatever model they were using, but a little bizarre all the same.

Accuweather has been reporting heavy snow at location for something like 36hrs+ now! "Superior Accuracy" indeed 

• Like 9

Posted

Now im

wishful thinking buttttt what is that low was say just even 50 further south that would help out the central belters over the next few days would it ? Maby just Maby 

• Like 6

Posted
38 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Im likely being very optimistic but the red warning from 2018 came from an ESE flow so think it will be now casting and watching the UKV

5D8DF240-3616-4FD8-A4C2-840613F848A5.jpeg

I remember that day watching the showers come in from Tynemoith and Berwick 

Your right it’s a very similar chart for wind direction ❄️❄️

• Like 8