wait

till

Saturday 

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.52.57.png

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.52.42.png

Me too, but that’s Sunday ☝️

• Like 9

Posted

Decided to check the Netweather V8 radar and it's bl**dy snowing all around me, even the coast looks like they've got sna! I'm going to bed in a huff (patience isn't my strong suit when it comes to weather) to dream of blin' drifts, November/December 2010 and the winters I used to have as a kid in the 70s 

779601896_Screenshot2021-02-02at23_19_29.thumb.png.a71f2488f23266ac1cb1415903e48a92.png

• Like 9

Posted
33 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Been snowing for several hours but it’s marginal and only a slight, wet, slushy covering.

An after dinner walk to make sure I actually left the house today confirmed that another 50 metres elevation is making all the difference as it was pretty white up the hill a bit. 

Frustrating isn't it, mostly heavy sleet here although it's nearly snow again. While just a few miles away and slightly higher up the M77 is down to one lane with heavy snow! 

The radar is also broken over Western Scotland so there is more precip around than it looks! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

yr.no is fairly decent, ok its 10 days away but incredible to see none the less

• Like 5

Posted
32 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Looking at the models this morning I wouldn’t worry 

the beast cometh ! Best cold spell since 2010 on the cards with cross model agreement. Easterly in by the weekend on ECM ..

As long as it remains a ENE flow as Edinburgh would miss out if it turns more ESE we would be relying on troughs in the flow otherwise

But looks very promising ❄️❄️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Just continuous rain here, and as someone pointed out, up the road on the M77 up the back of Newton Mearns it’ll be snow.

Waiting on the weekend and hoping the promised cold will deliver. I see the ECM is suggesting super amounts of snow and cold with ice days, including minus double digits here. Looking interesting indeed. iPhone weather app not quite as confident and is poopooing the idea of ice days - we’ll see. Only 4/5 days away now.

• Like 9