Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

The 6z only shows mild air south of the border, parts of Scotland will be buried if the 6z was to be correct.

It all depends on the position of the low.

Exciting times for all of us with plenty of snow potential 

anim_ctk4.thumb.gif.ce7e272f39a916cb6243e9af8e9dd6d2.gif

anim_vjh0.thumb.gif.bb87738a5cdf7d778e9f1df492b392b7.gif

anim_akg1.thumb.gif.5f72a13c3326e09ea7feabfb35344158.gif

gfseuw-16-180.thumb.png.7e31f32e2af979b9365f4d5288212c34.png

Is that precip coming in from the east coast here showers or an organised band? Just wondering because we’d definitely rather showers for the streamer potential in the west

• Like 6

Posted
35 minutes ago, EastLothianSnow said:

These MetOffice warnings where they warn of snow “away from eastern coastal districts” always has me wondering if I’m included in that area!? Technically we aren’t on the East Coast, we are further inland but we are still fairly close to the Forth and only at 50m. 

This warning for midweek warns of snow away from eastern coastal districts, yet our text warning mentions rain and sleet with snow on high ground. Confusing. 

We are a couple of miles outside of the yellow warning so expecting rain or sleet, but it was only a few weeks ago we got three inches of snow from a frontal event while areas further east got a lot less.

If it's a direct Easterly I think you'll be ok as your a good 10 miles or so from the East coast, if it's more Nor Easterly then it's a shorter distance from the sea.

It's probably nigh on impossible to say exactly, you'll just have to wait and see!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Just another day and another Snaw warning...

Looking at that some beefy snow coming in from North Sea on Friday, wouldn't rule out warnings to extend south.

Edited by Bullseye
  • Like 8

Posted
10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Just watching the radar and it's been interesting that for most of the day so far the echoes, even over the immediate coast, have been showing as snow north of the Forth but rain and sleet south. No idea what that means for later today and the rest of the week. Just an observation when I should really be working  

I'm not holding out much hope... we are just the wrong side of marginal this time, I think. 

• Like 4