Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

It’s very annoying watching those showers die out as they push towards the west coast. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
1 hour ago, mistyqueen said:

Whoop de doo! Mahoosive snowflakes coming down like theres no tomorrow! been a while since I've seen snaw that heavy! Lovin' it! ❄️❄️

Glad you're getting some white stuff. ⛄☃️

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, Benvironment said:

Cheers HC  Although....do folk still buy postcards? I feel old

Maybe not so much during lockdown! Also I guess the market is shrinking, but it's still there and for many places there are still few good cards - the photos are of a limited range of corny subjects or the same old themes, little imagination.

(Bet you're not as old as me tho!  )

• Like 4

Posted

Had a grant total of 0 showers so far, can"t believe when we have great parameters suitable for sea level snow and I haven"t yet managed a shower in a northwesterly flow. Prestwick managed a bit of snow this morning as well as Irvine but everything seems to evade me at the minute. Hopeful of something this evening 

• Like 8

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowlessayr said:

Had a grant total of 0 showers so far, can"t believe when we have great parameters suitable for sea level snow and I haven"t yet managed a shower in a northwesterly flow. Prestwick managed a bit of snow this morning as well as Irvine but everything seems to evade me at the minute. Hopeful of something this evening 

Exact same here in Helensburgh. Had a dusting while I was sleeping last night but nothing today. Really annoying seeing precip die just before getting here - especially given the rarity of the sea level snow parameters being in our favour 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Well, the house boiler has finally switched off. It's been on since 3:30am, trying to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.

-1.5C here now. 0.9C drop in the last hour.

• Like 9

Posted
55 minutes ago, CameronWS said:

Exact same here in Helensburgh. Had a dusting while I was sleeping last night but nothing today. Really annoying seeing precip die just before getting here - especially given the rarity of the sea level snow parameters being in our favour 

Looks like the Western Argyll hills are acting as snow shields today!

• Like 4

Posted

Perfect position for the latest incoming showers and they fizzle out a few miles before they reach me!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Nice day, mostly sunny and no precipitation of any kind.

Temperature -2.2deg.C down from 3.2deg.C max at 14:54, humidity 91%, wind between 0 and 6mph east-southeasterly, pressure 996.9hPa steady, rain gauge has measured 0.4mm but that's melt through from last night, and the dew point is now -3deg.C.

• Like 9