Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
11 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The main heavy stuff is, can you honestly see >20CM from this? Areas which will see worst will not be in SE Scotland. There will be some decent snow I’m sure 5-10cm for some? But these depths of 20-40cm teased ain’t happening I’m quite confident. 

the English is leaving before the pitchforks come out 

No, the heavy stuff is intensifying inland, although what accumulations there'll be is anyone's guess. I have an inch here on the beach already.

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The UKV has real observations put in at the beginning of each run. I don't know exactly how it works with snowfall, but if you look at the beginning of the run (03Z in this case) it already has significant snow depth across those hills/glens/mountains etc. It this instance, it's not saying that those totals are beginning at zero...

That makes more sense! 6 hourly accumulated rainfall from midnight to 6am on ECM 12z shows very little precip away from eastern coasts, this does look to be a bit wrong too sea centric but it’s a significant swing from how snowy prior runs were. I’m not sure, but I feel those in amber might be disappointed not quite like the snow bonanza it initially looked. 

F81AEAEB-FA8B-4A56-81DB-E5FF18A471A6.thumb.png.43b713bee421eb71cd6cffc8046b63ed.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 minute ago, Mr Frost said:

Comeback anytime mate - always enjoy reading yer posts! 

Sean Batty is going for 30cm in the Borders. 

9a6475d9dcd2f507c8077f40bd4b3301-2-socia
NEWS.STV.TV

Amber weather warning issued for the south and south-east of Scotland.

72A6D439-CF5D-46FF-A683-8E6E759A9330.thumb.png.958bc192f63029cd988d47d2495bc41a.png

^^^^^^^^^^^

Potential is certainly there through the early hours for 20cm at least - all very exciting to see how it plays out! 

I think another north south split  there appears to be is nobody here gets there hopes up....most people pleasantly surprised tonight rather than feeling like lost out 

no toys oot pram up north

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, edo said:

so true @101_North320 f ec k ing days in a row i have seen my wife and kids..... 320 days in a row i have heard dad dad dad dad dad dad  320 days in a row that i have changed showering habits to about 3 a week because i actually forget ..... 320 days i have pretty much wore shorts... i only put on long trousers to go play in the snow..... i have started going to the supermarket like a hobo... i just throw on a hoody with non matching shorts and random footwear...... i hear the teams tune as i try to go to sleep.....my eyes have deteriorated at a rate of knots..... where will it all end

Hahahaha. I could have typed this I never planned to spend this much time with my family! It just never crossed my mind

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Also, apologies for high-jacking your thread.. 

I do pop in from time-to-time in the Winter months to check out your snow pictures. They look stunning alongside the scenery up there!

good luck hijacking........ 101 has at least double the next most posts

everyone always welcome here 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nothing here at all... i have noticed a small patch of precipitation moving down from the North. Probably just be rain and im not waiting up to find out.. night guys and girls from the snaw desert that is the North East.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, edo said:

good luck hijacking........ 101 has at least double the next most posts

everyone always welcome here 

Case in point! Posting pish on here is a distraction of sorts

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

No, the heavy stuff is intensifying inland, although what accumulations there'll be is anyone's guess. I have an inch here on the beach already.

Separate stuff though? ECM did forecast that Moray Firth streamer. 

2CDA790A-E85F-4575-A4D9-282395676A82.thumb.jpeg.5d7677ca8a2420b4f91c51522f7c30e5.jpeg0C53A657-357D-4767-B311-F3731142267C.thumb.png.1a4fe4366fd67a2787228ef1c9d62bb3.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

First casualty of the night, proper snow top end of Kirkcaldy and Lochgelly,  not much M90 at Kelty,  and wet sleety mess in Perth. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Separate stuff though? ECM did forecast that Moray Firth streamer. 

2CDA790A-E85F-4575-A4D9-282395676A82.thumb.jpeg.5d7677ca8a2420b4f91c51522f7c30e5.jpeg0C53A657-357D-4767-B311-F3731142267C.thumb.png.1a4fe4366fd67a2787228ef1c9d62bb3.png

Moray Firth streamers are almost always just wet though... and guess what's happening now - yep, it's sleety!

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, edo said:

so true @101_North320 f ec k ing days in a row i have seen my wife and kids..... 320 days in a row i have heard dad dad dad dad dad dad  320 days in a row that i have changed showering habits to about 3 a week because i actually forget ..... 320 days i have pretty much wore shorts... i only put on long trousers to go play in the snow..... i have started going to the supermarket like a hobo... i just throw on a hoody with non matching shorts and random footwear...... i hear the teams tune as i try to go to sleep.....my eyes have deteriorated at a rate of knots..... where will it all end

Like me, with a hangover.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

It's snow at sea level in Inverness, webcam here: 

WWW.HIGHLANDHOUSEOFFRASER.COM

Really beginning to pile up here. 

that looks decent as does 101.... why do i keep getting no accumulating snaw 

• Like 3

Posted

The heavy precipitation is taking an age to here appears to have slowed right up . Not making much progress west now . Sleety deposits that’s about it . 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Dead calm here and snow fluttering down gently, got a couple of inches now.

• Like 7