Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
3 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Morning all.

Rain has stopped here, currently 2.7c. Met Office forecast is clear that coastal rain or sleet is expected tonight and tomorrow (as expected) so that’s me out the fun as usual 

Much better prospects for others in the Fife posse such as @Benvironment @Blitzen and @Big Innes Madori.

@Kirkcaldy Weather you’re a bit more sheltered from the North Sea influence than I am....some hope of seeing something?

After seeing the latest wrf nmm runs.. nope has main band of snow across the spine of England heading into North Sea  then another band in the Grampians. Radar will give the best info as always but between the dewpoints then back to back narrow misses of snow events it does get me slightly fed up  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
5 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

I really wish all schools would do that. There are benefits to allowing kids to have mobiles in schools but they are far outweighed by the drawbacks. We're creating a generation who are addicted to their small screens.

They have tablets to help with some of the work we set them but they also have a lot of written work and we also use documentaries for them to watch and then set work around those.. its not easy by any means and i certainly wouldn't want to do it for employment..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Met office weather warning just been cancelled for us in the Aberdeen area and replaced with a rain warning for further north. Can't wait for two days of heavy rain!

• Like 7

Posted
31 minutes ago, metallikat34 said:

Never heard of him until yesterday, but he seems to be a bit notorious on these chats? Not sure if thats a good or bad thing....

Only cos he said it was going to snow! in all fairness he's very educated and worth a follow, esp if you like storms in the summer

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
16 minutes ago, GoldenJackel said:

Met office weather warning just been cancelled for us in the Aberdeen area and replaced with a rain warning for further north. Can't wait for two days of heavy rain!

Dead cert snawed in by the morning then..

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Tired of all the snow photos?  Let me help you out. Dreich and damp in the East Neuk, 3c.

7DCBAAA8-9411-4D10-9F96-F292172EA408.jpeg

East Neuk/Morocco!  Date choring for the local laddies in summer?.

Looks better here out the window than being outside. 1.4C now and wet snow. Been snowing a lot last night but barely replenishing itself. Good to see so many getting snow and those that missed out hopefully get a chance soon.

IMGP8155.thumb.JPG.e12cc6ce65c867435bd7f496022779bc.JPG

Looks good up the hill mind. A wee wander later.

IMGP8154.thumb.JPG.3bee433533537be53e15528496247f93.JPG

Hopefully looking forward to more tonight/Thurs then a dip in surface temps to keep it about. No bad all in all.

Edited by Gadje
  • Like 8

Posted

Met have updated the warning for Lothian and Borders for tonight - no real change in the detail (ending sooner) but warning area extended further south. 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 4

Posted

The band already looks to be heading further north , further than expected time wise and location 

i definitely feel it’s a now casting type situation once again 

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Met have updated the warning for Lothian and Borders for tonight - no real change in the detail (ending sooner) but warning area extended further south. 

Looking a lot better on the charts now for a good few hours of snow late evening for the central belt ❄️

• Like 6

Posted

Hopefully some snow for us again tonight (what we had has melted just about) Might be in lurk mode though. If anyone reads the status updates on here more bad times for me i'm afraid

• Like 8

Posted
2 minutes ago, NUT said:

Hopefully some snow for us again tonight (what we had has melted just about) Might be in lurk mode though. If anyone reads the status updates on here more bad times for me i'm afraid

Sorry to hear that! Thoughts with you and your family! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Posted
1 hour ago, GoldenJackel said:

Story of the winter for here, so close but so far.

Now, if I live in the Rothienorman/Wartle area can I get the rare Sleet Warning badge from the Met Office seeing as they overlap both the snow and rain warnings over it!

image.thumb.png.4980a4a15cf960739e3dbde6046ca5af.png

Currently 2.2c with blue sky visible over to the east; steady thaw of the layer of dandruff snow we got overnight.

As others have noted, kids in full revolution mode here regarding homework   Maybe need to teach them that not all revolutions work in favour of the revolutionaries  

• Like 8

Posted

Stupidly looked at the Met office forecast for my location and it has continuous snow symbols from now until 1.00pm tomorrow. It just stopped snowing.

Edited by Gadje
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
10 minutes ago, Quinach said:

As others have noted, kids in full revolution mode here regarding homework   Maybe need to teach them that not all revolutions work in favour of the revolutionaries 

Would standing them up against a wall in front of a firing squad be too extreme?

Well I'm still in the NE'rn warning area for snow but I'll wait and see. Wouldn't it be nice just for once for it to be 'nailed on'? It's been an OK winter for snow for most of us, especially compared to recent winters, but it's so tiring with the "will it, won't it?" stuff.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, MAXcrazystorm said:

Latest UKV for tonight! , several hours of snowfall it shows across central Parts of Scotland.

totton.PNG

hern bay.PNG

basingstoke.PNG

snow.PNG

Just accepted no snow then back in the game.... I hope if we do get it temps fall behind it as a slush fest here now. 

• Like 6