Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

WELL, WELL!! This has been a pleasant surprise. Roads were a nightmare around Paisley/Johnstone this morning when I was dropping the wee one off to grandparents. The other being with us for home-schooling so I'll having snowball fights with him at lunch time  Appears as though the council haven't really bothered to grit the roads?!

Looks to me from the radar that there is plenty more to come from this yet today as precipitation keeps intensifying off the west coast as it moves around and inland. Just as it appears we may be coming to the finale, it intensifies again and looks like it is beginning to stall/circulate around the whole central belt!

So much for working today.....

Edited by WhiteXmas
  • Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Norrance said:

As expected I woke up to sleety rain and a slushy layer this morning. 2C

Wonder why the snow gates shown earlier at Braemar were closed?

A4ECD258-8391-4042-87D9-AFE7F93EAF51.png

It'd be fine with winter tyres on. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
19 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I wish something would take Teams down! Has the parents in this house demented

You hear that tune in your head all the time... That dreaded teams jingle.... Ive grown to loathe it... I actually just mutter aww *%£* off as soon as I hear it

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, bomdabass said:

Winter wonderland on southside of Glasgow. The 100m asl must be making a difference

IMG_20210114_100329.jpg

Looks like you are not far away from me. If I’m correct that is Netherlee post office in the photo. Just about to pack up some online orders and head there. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Still no snow ! But on the upside we have homeschooling to do

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hi all!

Bit soggy underfoot here this morning.   Very fine drizzle.   So many different outcomes around the country.  

1.9c/1.6c/1018.9/E/4.9mph.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

About half an inch on the ground here, more on the trees so it must have been heavy overnight but took a while to start accumulating.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
31 minutes ago, bomdabass said:

Winter wonderland on southside of Glasgow. The 100m asl must be making a difference

IMG_20210114_100329.jpg

Even down near sea level in Glasgow it’s snowing. Height not really much a factor other than totals. Still got light snow here.

Noticed that throughout yesterday my phone app predicted several hours of snow for today, but all the models said rain. Netweather, BBC, met office forecasts all said rain too.

• Like 8