Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

850 Shmifty...I know what you mean but the best snowfalls come from 850 temps which look way too high for snow. If it's not marginal it's not going to snow much

This reminds me off Storm Deirdre. I did manage some settling snow to near sea level inland at slightly worse parameters than tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
37 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

850 Shmifty...I know what you mean but the best snowfalls come from 850 temps which look way too high for snow. If it's not marginal it's not going to snow much

Also there's the small matter of getting some of the damned stuff not to evaporate before landing, which is a recurring problem on anything westerly here.  (I'll not go into the -8C 850 temps usually needed and seeing were only supposed to get -1C....) It's not going to snow, with a bit of luck it won't rain either 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

I feel out of synch with everyone suddenly, having enjoyed a lovely snowy, sunny walk with camera this morning then been out in the frosty and very icy village this afternoon - yet all the talk is of tomorrow's potential! 

Anyway, for the avoidance of prosecution, I went no more than 5 miles from home and all on foot.

sheep.thumb.jpg.30be858d1f98283c6044beda5115c29f.jpg  1133178085_sheep3.thumb.jpg.f34577320a582cc13e999f407658a71c.jpg

cow.thumb.jpg.35d1c8654622574586fade6936b2d822.jpg  I tried to get some more interesting pictures of cows but they weren't having it. Kept running away!  And as for the sheep, less said the better.

hogweed.thumb.jpg.c15f4f17bb13423653a354bb7b6a4d1e.jpg 

fields.thumb.jpg.c1158918edd1e0339b7a4ec803549f0c.jpg  992094275_snowytrees.thumb.jpg.24d175044af870b196e9f753391144c3.jpg

Rain tomorrow night.

Magnificent captures mate. Love it.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

As the other northies are reporting, a stunner up here today. -2c max. Hope tomo is a snow-show and not a sh*t-show for people 

0EB17367-8515-47F1-988E-6F5BE445BFB6.thumb.jpeg.d16b376b73dddc800381542543758cba.jpeg

24D2C766-066D-41D3-B4A1-73A43B37E28F.thumb.jpeg.1ddd6b68df4a3cac89aa4a69d6c26fd4.jpeg

I will tell you what, not only is this thee best regional for balanced weather opinions and predictions, but from an optical viewpoint it is nothing short of spectacular.  Should maybe put this post in the Ramps thread 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Quick bit of Anti Scottish scatter cushion in the mad house... apparently they want a wall to keep us out of there snaw feast.. .. 

By snaw feast im guessing they mean 2cm of slushy pish that would melt as soon as its looked at..

Things starting to look good and the colder uppers look like they could be heading for us to start with and i would wven think that @Hawesy could have the measuring stick out..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

Quick bit of Anti Scottish scatter cushion in the mad house... apparently they want a wall to keep us out of there snaw feast.. .. 

By snaw feast im guessing they mean 2cm of slushy pish that would melt as soon as its looked at..

Things starting to look good and the colder uppers look like they could be heading for us to start with and i would wven think that @Hawesy could have the measuring stick out..

you been drinking more than the 18z

a promising run, continues to look good for short term marginal chances and less marginal from 20thish..... no longer at day 10 we are counting down but as corinthian has said (an excellent MT poster) if the fax is correct about how west the low corrects then all models are probably wrong about day 4.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
4 minutes ago, edo said:

you been drinking more than the 18z

a promising run, continues to look good for short term marginal chances and less marginal from 20thish..... no longer at day 10 we are counting down but as corinthian has said (an excellent MT poster) if the fax is correct about how west the low corrects then all models are probably wrong about day 4.

Not touched a drop since the last time...

• Like 3

Posted

@ghoneymf f s  your daring us to dream again.

Edited by edo
  • Like 5

Posted

seen this in MT

follow link select stockholm, not always snowing as the videos change but loooks awesome right now on the one ive just watched, car ride around city listening to local radio.

76a102e0-4873-470d-b8ce-2e4b8addf160?aut
DRIVEANDLISTEN.HEROKUAPP.COM

Listen to local radio stations while driving through the cities around the world.

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, edo said:

@ghoneymf f s  your daring us to dream again.

I think you will do well edo. Us Eastern Fifers, well it will be touch and go - can't see much for me @Kirkcaldy Weather or @Hawesy too low down - wet snow - freezing rain ?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
20 minutes ago, edo said:

seen this in MT

follow link select stockholm, not always snowing as the videos change but loooks awesome right now on the one ive just watched, car ride around city listening to local radio.

76a102e0-4873-470d-b8ce-2e4b8addf160?aut
DRIVEANDLISTEN.HEROKUAPP.COM

Listen to local radio stations while driving through the cities around the world.

Just cities fer fks sake. Buildings are the same everywhere these days.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted

Latest euro4 has the front just about getting as Far East as Fife but will be snow/sleet/raining for 20 hours. Can see places like Perth, Stirling and the usual spots getting a right pasting if it all falls right .. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Latest euro4 has the front just about getting as Far East as Fife but will be snow/sleet/raining for 20 hours. Can see places like Perth, Stirling and the usual spots getting a right pasting if it all falls right .. 

Where do I find these euro 4 charts? Quite intrigued that you say Perth haha. Might get the sledge oot

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, Jamboperth11 said:

Where do I find these euro 4 charts? Quite intrigued that you say Perth haha. Might get the sledge oot

WWW.WEATHERONLINE.CO.UK

Weather for UK, Ireland and the world. Sailing, Marine Weather, Weather maps, radar, satellite, climate, historic weather data, information about meteorology...

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:
WWW.WEATHERONLINE.CO.UK

Weather for UK, Ireland and the world. Sailing, Marine Weather, Weather maps, radar, satellite, climate, historic weather data, information about meteorology...

I

45 minutes ago, Jamboperth11 said:

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine EURO4 0.04° du UK MetOffice (météo angaise) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest...

Posted

I think we have freezing rain here although not 100% sure,  it's not that cold but surfaces will still be below freezing. 

• Like 6

Posted
6 hours ago, ghoneym said:

I think you will do well edo. Us Eastern Fifers, well it will be touch and go - can't see much for me @Kirkcaldy Weather or @Hawesy too low down - wet snow - freezing rain ?

Fair comment. We may see a little of the white stuff this evening but as soon as we pull in an onshore wind we’re tapping into the sea temperature (currently around 7c). @Norrance is probably in the same boat, unfortunately.

@Benvironment @Blitzen and @Big Innes Madori might do better. Further to the west it’s game on! 

Good luck everyone. Currently 0.0c here which is also the overnight minimum.

• Like 8

Posted

Met forecast has just changed to heavy snow icon from 10am here first time it’s changed always been heavy rain from 3 pm good luck everyone 

• Like 5

Posted

Definite freezing rain event here, just skated out to bring the bin in from the street.  I could hear the ice cracking as the rain landed on the table outside! 

• Like 8