Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Absolutely hammering down here now!

Same. Meto just extended the warning to include Glasgow. We have 2-3 inches of snow already! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
5 minutes ago, snowlessayr said:

Just shows how unpredictable snow forecasting can be, still snowing here. would love to be under that big blob, looks very nice

Better change your username as you are not snowless anymore

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Better change your username as you are not snowless anymore

not used to all this white stuff , proper powder snow as well. I have had enough snow over the last month that I will properly have to wait another 5 years now haha.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

With just a peek out into the dark I'd say there's at least 5cm lying here, I'll check the depth properly when it comes to clearing the driveway. Looks like 2nd best fall of snow this winter, out of 4 decent falls. Not turning out too bad for some of us so far. 

Temp is currently -2.1C and the forecast is for it not to get much above zero again today, and then very cold overnight into Sat. Also forecast to be a sunny day so it's going to be glorious. 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

Great to see more folks (and some of the usual suspects) get snow! @Mair Snaw delighted you have a couple of cm.

Despite an hour or so of decent snowfall yesterday evening we fell foul of the wet bulb (baw) temperature and have nothing more than a thin lair of frozen slush on the ground. It is however the coldest morning of the winter here at -1.7c currently.

Edit: snow level here is about 80m, higher ground just inland is gloriously white. 

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 9

Posted

Please make the confirmed SSW lead to a BFTE for us and give the whole of ?????????? a real dumping of that lovely fluffy Scandi type snaw 

Edited by jmp223420
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
47 minutes ago, jmp223420 said:

... Got about half an inch overnight ...

20210108_081512.jpg

20210108_081627.jpg

I'm not surprised; it was jolly chilly last night. Maybe put some clothes on before rushing out for photos?

Talking of which, Diablo, he say blazing sunshine. I think I might be about to have our first ice day of the winter.

• Like 7

Posted
54 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Yessssss....

20210108_080143.jpg

20210108_080202.jpg

20210108_080158.jpg

I’m just down the road in Newburgh and have been pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened the curtains

• Like 8