Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, Ravelin said:

No real sign of any additional snow even on higher ground here so I don't know if the rainfall radar was just imagining everything it was showing for this area last night and this morning. Driveway is a sheet of ice again, that is getting tiresome.

67c100199c0a93542db7480523481d71

There certainly seem to be some precipitation events that are radar-only... I used to think it was related to the angle of approach, but not any more. It's as if the ppn evaporates before reaching ground level.

• Like 7

Posted

Yellow warning out for tonight for here which is line with some of the charts with some showers moving down the east later. Not expecting much, if anything, here but the charts suggest a little more intensity to the ppn than last nights front. Temp here is just above freezing although the light snow has stopped with a dusting on most surfaces unaffected by gritting.  

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

A bit lacklustre here, a dusting overnight but it's mostly gone now with last weeks ice remaining. I don't think it rained it was just very light snow for a few hours.

• Like 7

Posted

Well! That was expected - chucked it down with rain for a while lol 

Oh well.... here's to next time... maybe... possibly... if I'm very lucky

Tim

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Yellow warning out for tonight for here which is line with some of the charts with some showers moving down the east later. Not expecting much, if anything, here but the charts suggest a little more intensity to the ppn than last nights front. Temp here is just above freezing although the light snow has stopped with a dusting on most surfaces unaffected by gritting.  

I’ll be surprised if the showers spread as far west as Edinburgh but you never know 

• Like 2

Posted

Cheeky yellow warning upgrade for this afternoon and evening for parts of Southern Scotland 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well here you go folks... Met office warning could hardly be accused of  getting it wrong now could they?

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
4 hours ago, Benvironment said:

Snowed pretty much all night here I think, albeit very lightly. An extra 2cm to freshen everything up. Tomorrow looks like a cracking day!!

Wot he says.

Temperature 2.7deg.C up from -0.9deg.C at 00:01, humidity 93%, no wind, pressure 1019.1hPa steady, 2cm of new snow, 7/8 cloud cover and dew point is at 2deg.C.

• Like 7

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Plenty of heavy/intense precipitation getting wasted over the North Sea on the above charts - real-time if this is slightly further West guys like @101_North and @Polar Side might YET AGAIN  have their 500th decent snowfall of the Winter so far.

Honestly - I'd be pretty gutted if he got snow and I didn't 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
29 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Well here you go folks... Met office warning could hardly be accused of  getting it wrong now could they?

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

'Choose your location' it says. We can't though, we can't fugging go anywhere, has nobody told them LOCKDOWN? Jeez. Some folk.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5