Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Darkcloud

Posted

Euro4 Tuesday morning looks interesting for mid Kent. Seems quite potent streamer. Have some elevation and it could be fun.

C5D93836-FAFE-4120-80C6-F43B82E2FC84.thumb.gif.d3f16b3226ab896b31cf2ca6f5caba9a.gifB7513F25-FA26-4373-825E-E04E6EE6C063.thumb.gif.b60e67ce09160b24ef3153a7de9abd29.gif

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, Southender said:

Mid Kent Rain Streamer

Unfortunately I think we are going to be smack underneath it for at least 24hrs

Deep Joy. I can hardly wait. NEXT..... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, abruzzi spartan said:

So far it looks like the Met Office have called these next couple of days pretty well.  Middle of last week there were lots of comments from some that they were 'wrong' in saying that it would be not cold enough for any proper snow in our region Monday, Tuesday.   It looks now like the most there might be is a bit of sleetiness over the highest ground.  It could of course change but the point is, I think, that they have a responsibility to the public and all the commercial organisations that pay for their forecasts and make decisions that impact us all around availability, the robustness of supply chains, staff availability etc.  That's why I only ever view the postings on sites like this with a bit of detachment; there are lots of people with lots of knowledge but wow it's notable how often cognitive bias rules the roost.

A very interesting post . One wonders if you speculate yourself as to if the forecasters you rely on do get it wrong sometimes ?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, abruzzi spartan said:

Yep.  Why do you ask?

To be honest ,  I think they will be wrong in the next 48 hours at some stage at least for some areas in our region. 

Posted

Hi Mark, fair enough, I guess they may be.  If they are then fair enough.  My point is they have a wide and heavy responsibility and it's a bit unfair for some to say in advance that they are wrong when, it seems to me, that what's driving that suggestion is that it isn't what people want to hear.

• Like 1

Posted

The best events are generally the unexpected, however you still need the right ingredients. Unfortunately the current charts within a generally reliable time frame don’t offer this recipe.

We build ourselves up every winter to then 99% of the time come crushing down at the last minute. However..... this is what makes the chase that bit special as and when it does come off and the memories created!

There’s always the next run ...❄️⛄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Took these pictures just now.  Another chilly night under (almost) clear skies.

P1010166.thumb.JPG.513c6db4f72bd5d7f81c106d5a28081d.JPG   P1010182.thumb.JPG.3889aa4245c9a525048e5c7aa21fc21e.JPG   P1010186.thumb.JPG.4495faed94cfe773e6061152f51effe5.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Interesting bank of PPN coming in from the east!!

1.7C / 0.7D

Rain here, hoping for a miracle, but can't see it happening, if it's rain on the forecast, it's rain lol

Posted
7 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Do you know the date for that? Would be interesting to look at archive.

sorry I don’t , all i remember was that it was marginal for the low level and we did have a slushy mess .  However people got stuck on bluebell hill for hours .  I remember driving up there the next day and couldn’t believe how much there was a couple hundred metres higher.  I would have said it was probably about 5/6?years ago 

Don't know how reliable it is but Harmonie shows a continuous stream of wintry showers from about midnight tonight lasting all day tomorrow for EA and SE!

image.thumb.png.f24b1585e2a1f806430f4390b93dc6c3.png

7 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Rain just started here, right on cue for my run 

You remind me of my brother before coffee in morning.. He is a nightmare in the mornings! I can't start my day frustrated LOL! It sticks with me all day... 

Feels absolutely bitter here there is a reason for that! I wasn't expecting the wind to be so strong! 

Current temps 

DP 1C although flirting with 0.8c a couple of times this morning.. 

Temp 3c..

So close!!! We need to go down 1 or 1.5c that's it!!! 

Posted

Morning

Raining hard, breezy and cold - currently 4.3c with a DP of 3.2c and 6.2mm of rain since midnight. 
Just imagine if that was all snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Some of the models still showing snow on Friday in our region - fingers crossed

image.thumb.png.9c0d487eb74420d69720e3e630289e55.pngimage.thumb.png.a24a507c57fdb91f8058f2d01af1c537.pngimage.thumb.png.05ca2fe6ccae5ffafaff39eb149b1d28.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Locking this thread now. The new thread is here;

Edited by Blessed Weather