Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Darkcloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
27 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Sellindge, Hythe, Brabourne, Stelling Minnis saw ice pellets today with an intermix of snow flakes and a lot of rain

Last few showers have been rain and ice pellets in Dover too.

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

New crimbo present showing up my outdated & over temp sensor !!!

Plus finally I get a dewpoint reading

1EFF9EEA-4204-4968-AF53-0F2E8FC34232.thumb.jpeg.a2e84afc90a0c5098065e930c219b844.jpegB88656E2-6E65-4BD7-983E-4A6E1478F765.thumb.jpeg.09139d03b742234d568d565f55e8b134.jpeg

Still calibrating !

D2CA6802-A731-4D4C-B1C3-11FFFD50725F.thumb.jpeg.bd1525b37a5c00205dbb5e7b858b3bdc.jpeg

You’ve got the same station as me! It’s not too bad, seems to be accurate and responsive (had mine 2 years now) 

Have you linked it to Wunderground to share your readings?

Posted

ECM had nothing but rain min / Tues perhaps sleet highest hills or far north of the region ...Let’s hope it’s wrong  

FCA0684C-2A06-4213-AD6E-7BB53D0BA7B5.png

6301824B-A320-4253-8FFA-A2026852D975.png

Posted

Was 3.1 in St Leonard's a few mins ago, now showing as 3.3c. Damp afternoon, drove to Tesco and there was some sleet hitting the windscreen, now it's dry but the ground is wet.

Hoping for something different this week, to take away the post christmas/back to work blues!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
11 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

ECM had nothing but rain min / Tues perhaps sleet highest hills or far north of the region ...Let’s hope it’s wrong  

That ties in with the Met forecast of more persistent rain in the SE tomorrow....no mention of sleet or snow at all

I'm fast becoming desperate but a few models showing something setting up and tracking through Herts/N London area both Tues AM and even more so into Tues night (only Arpege runs out that far currently but shows a decent swathe lasting almost 12 hours excluding AM ppn!)...I'm not overly worried wrt marginality issues as I have elevation on my side and am far enough inland - so just praying for some moderate intensity ppn which sticks about for a few hours!

image.thumb.png.f5e4b44f68e7d3cd5443c01b09fb2098.pngimage.thumb.png.10afc73699e0ca8524a377df4eeded59.pngimage.thumb.png.9e518521d36593a6b5d1bb2706fdcbe7.pngimage.thumb.png.129112448ea8a9b6e8bb332d8a5bbfff.png

• Like 3

Posted

looking at the radar and showers are moving EEN so no direct easterly at the moment. temps around 4C and dew too high. another evening of damp cold rain me thinks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
20 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Slowly Strengthening in about 1 or 2 Hours most of it will be on Lnad Let's See What Happens There Could Bring Sleet For Two Days In A Row

Screenshot_20210103_181559_com.android.chrome.jpg

The netweather radar shows that sleet in exactly the same place over a 30min period so probably a glitch

Posted
5 minutes ago, Gazza said:

The netweather radar shows that sleet in exactly the same place over a 30min period so probably a glitch

that would probably explain why nothing is being produced from the blob that was over ramsgate a little while ago

• Like 1

Posted

Going to concede we are not going to get any laying snow Monday/Tuesday Wednesday if there was a chance the met-office would cover there backs, been an exausting time model watching lately and for some reason our region has been unlucky, let’s hope  this winter delivers for us at some stage this winter  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

that would probably explain why nothing is being produced from the blob that was over ramsgate a little while ago

We have light rain or heavy sleet pellets here under all that light blue dark blue stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Well that Countryfile forecast wasn't exactly very exciting, just lots of rain showers Mon, Tues and Weds. And then maybe a few wintry showers Thurs/Fri if we're lucky.

Not throwing the towel in this week just yet, but it really is all looking a bit meh. Let's just hope for a few surprises in the week ahead!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Going to concede we are not going to get any laying snow Monday/Tuesday Wednesday if there was a chance the met-office would cover there backs, been an exausting time model watching lately and for some reason our region has been unlucky, let’s hope  this winter delivers for us at some stage this winter  

Yep we are just going to miss out again unfortunately. I suspect it will be cold but wet for another week and a bit, then a tad average/mild for a week before we get any cold again and then hopefully that will be our time come mid/end jan

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Completely uninspiring Countryfile Forecast - no mention of the S word - just cold rain streamers for us this week. Not a hint of uncertainty there to give us one iota of hope. "Temperatures cold for the time of year" - yeah - whatever

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Fair assessment Tim, countryfile just mentions rain, not even a mention of Sleet for the south east in the comming week.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

lol good stuff

have you set it up yet- got app & connected to home WIFI but cant get station ID to add to app connection

Yes....took me a few attempts, though...needed to update the firmware, then start again. With a bit of patience the station ID turned up in the Device list!

Posted

Cold comfort from the latest Beeb forecast, but at least it's still only the beginning of Jan. Have certainly clung on to worse much later in previous winters, so still all to play for. 

• Like 1

Posted

There have been many more showers here today than models expected, the dew points have been lower than expected in some places at least, the BBC hasn’t covered itself in glory lately, let’s not all give up just yet 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Jackski4 said:

The latest bbc forecast is going on old graphics and most likely underplaying it anyway in my opinion

Don’t get your hopes up 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
3 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

Completely uninspiring Countryfile Forecast - no mention of the S word - just cold rain streamers for us this week. Not a hint of uncertainty there to give us one iota of hope. "Temperatures cold for the time of year" - yeah - whatever

Yep, an easterly that just brings rain really is just the dagger through the heart for us here in the SE.

I'm sure none of us in the SE expected anything from this NWly the past week or so, but with things finally turning easterly you thought it might just be our turn.

Unfortunately Europe is just too warm and the North Sea likewise, everything just working against us currently.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, Jackski4 said:

The latest bbc forecast is going on old graphics and most likely underplaying it anyway in my opinion

Your probably right  that they use old graphics,  but are the updated ECM charts that they use any better than the previous run ?