Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Darkcloud

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

Next week is too far ahead anyway, while we have the synoptics we have. I'm not looking further than three days my self.

Exactly. Lets get Mon-Wed done then see where we are at. Its defo been sleety here today which in my eyes is a good start and DPs are tumbling now!

• Like 3

Posted

Lol @ GooFuS 

Get in the bin where you belong, why people still love that model is beyond me, as expected its backing down and heading towards the top 2 models in ECM/UKMO

Can we believe in the only model showing snow blanketing the SE starting in 24 hours.............Hmm jurys still out for me but believe what you want to as I know people still think GFS is King. Mesoscale wise with convection it is appalling so lets see if it can buck a trend but am not confident still.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol @ GooFuS 

Get in the bin where you belong, why people still love that model is beyond me, as expected its backing down and heading towards the top 2 models in ECM/UKMO

Can we believe in the only model showing snow blanketing the SE starting in 24 hours.............Hmm jurys still out for me but believe what you want to as I know people still think GFS is King. Mesoscale wise with convection it is appalling so lets see if it can buck a trend but am not confident still.

Don't know, let's see what happens tonight first, DP s in East Kent are heading negative.

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Don't know, let's see what happens tonight first, DP s in East Kent are heading negative.

Good luck down there hope things trend the right side of marginal and a streamer can set up. Have remembered loads of times in the 90's when Kent was cut off when all other home counties barely got a flake including Essex so could this be one of those good old set ups

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

UKMO isn't really that bad of a run for us down here in EA & the SE, not so good for the north of the country with higher pressure.

But down here we're mostly in an easterly flow and maintaining uppers between -6 to -8 with lower heights. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NewEra21 said:

UKMO isn't really that bad of a run for us down here in EA & the SE, not so good for the north of the country with higher pressure.

But down here we're mostly in an easterly flow and maintaining uppers between -6 to -8 with lower heights. 

Yes staying very cold for a week.

Also now GFS is similar to UKMO > GFS only takes 2-3 days to get cold again..

• Like 3

Posted

Must admit am very surprised by those Dewpoint readings on XC I am seeing in Eastern Kent, pretty much everyone else has Dps around 2-4c in most of the UK but those readings in Manston, Langdon Bay etc are very good, drier air being advected over from the near Continent maybe 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
1 minute ago, NewEra21 said:

Exactly what I thought. I think the northerners are just mad

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ben Capee McInnes said:

Friday is 5 days away...lets sort Mon-Wed first lol !

I just don’t want people to get there hopes up like they did for last week to then be disappointed again like last week. I think the next 3 rains of the gfs will fall inline with the ecm and UKmo for Monday-Wednesday and it will be mainly rain. The gfs has been on its own and right before but I can’t see it this time 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

So in essence it’s cold all week with snow opportunities galore, even stays cold with -6 to -8 uppers around the 9th, and then turns colder again according to the GFS anyway? And we have a SSW to take into account which could bring severe cold.

Seriously don’t understand the pessimism..

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

So in essence it’s cold all week with snow opportunities galore, even stays cold with -6 to -8 uppers around the 9th, and then turns colder again according to the GFS anyway? And we have a SSW to take into account which could bring severe cold.

I think its being led up the garden path like we have had in many previous years! You dont want your hopes dashed!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

New crimbo present showing up my outdated & over temp sensor !!!

Plus finally I get a dewpoint reading

1EFF9EEA-4204-4968-AF53-0F2E8FC34232.thumb.jpeg.a2e84afc90a0c5098065e930c219b844.jpegB88656E2-6E65-4BD7-983E-4A6E1478F765.thumb.jpeg.09139d03b742234d568d565f55e8b134.jpeg

Who is that made by Steve, I was only looking at getting a new one today, my old Oregon scientific one is past its best!

Posted
10 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

1EFF9EEA-4204-4968-AF53-0F2E8FC34232.thumb.jpeg.a2e84afc90a0c5098065e930c219b844.jpegB88656E2-6E65-4BD7-983E-4A6E1478F765.thumb.jpeg.09139d03b742234d568d565f55e8b134.jpeg

Still calibrating !

D2CA6802-A731-4D4C-B1C3-11FFFD50725F.thumb.jpeg.bd1525b37a5c00205dbb5e7b858b3bdc.jpeg

I got the same Xmas present!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
17 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Because it never delivers what we all crave

• Like 2

Posted

BBC app has sleet tonight maybe it could turn wintry given those lower dew points advancing in from near continent. 

B7979BE1-897D-4364-9276-3707143416F9.thumb.png.b917563053a0141cfa40130ddc83747c.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
21 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Still calibrating !

D2CA6802-A731-4D4C-B1C3-11FFFD50725F.thumb.jpeg.bd1525b37a5c00205dbb5e7b858b3bdc.jpeg

Hi Steve, what one is this? Does it have an outdoor temp sensor etc? 

Thanks, 

Mal 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

DPs definitely on the way down from the east, looks fairly promising. Didn't expect them to drop that quickly.

Screenshot_20210103-171134.png

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

No showers, no wind here, what's going on? :D - Sellindge

6 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

Hi Steve, what one is this? Does it have an outdoor temp sensor etc? 

Thanks, 

Mal 

Yes its a ventus w830 one from weather shop

Dewpoint + app available

Rain depth

Wind speed

pressure

Posted
13 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

BBC app has sleet tonight maybe it could turn wintry given those lower dew points advancing in from near continent. 

B7979BE1-897D-4364-9276-3707143416F9.thumb.png.b917563053a0141cfa40130ddc83747c.png

I used to give you so much stick in years past due to your over ramping etc, however I just wanted to say that you have really improved in your knowledge and I have a ton of respect for your info now

Keep it up Daniel

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
53 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Must admit am very surprised by those Dewpoint readings on XC I am seeing in Eastern Kent, pretty much everyone else has Dps around 2-4c in most of the UK but those readings in Manston, Langdon Bay etc are very good, drier air being advected over from the near Continent maybe

Yes doesn't seem right with wind currently north or north east but as said maybe less of a sea crossing?...3c dew point here, a bit of a difference!

Posted
38 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

I agree with the cold week bit but definitely not the snow opportunities galore bit - what's that based on?! They will be there but few and far between, esp for me nestled in East Cambridgeshire! No streamers for me... need Northerly/North Easterly for that for them to get down the wash. I cannot see any solid cases for snow here over the next 5 days - likely none at all, maybe the odd sleet shower.  

Never the less it's interesting times model watching at present! Although I hope the 12z run can be put in the bin!!!