Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Darkcloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, Ben Capee McInnes said:

So the vibe I’m getting is last night was a snow fest this week and today it isn’t? Lol

Snow chances still there for the coming week. After that, who knows lol

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, NewEra21 said:

The METO outlook is very uninspiring to say the least for this easterly, not even the mention of wintry showers let alone snow showers!

KENT

Screenshot_20210103-065816.png

SUFFOLK

Screenshot_20210103-070117.png

Yeah not a great update. All mention of snow has gone from Monday to Wednesday then probably dry Thursday and Friday when it gets a bit colder again. 

Just got to wait and see what happens, still time for things to change.

Posted

^^ it’s a hard place to be this morning, the MOD thread. SSW confusing the models, I’m still just thinking about tomorrow and whether we can see more snow-conducive conditions arrive

Posted

alli  can say looking  at the gfs this morning    for  us tuesday onwards could be fun trying  to get to work!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Morning Everybody Resident Enthusiastic not my own words @Kentspur words, Winter is over it's the 3rd of January what is going on in different threads, I've had more Symptoms again but a Headache and Throat Ache aren't normal Symptoms for a 13 Year Old and with Asthma surely I'd be Coughing more anyone know if my theory That I have just not had Water for a long time is most likely right because I Was Fine Yesterday with a few Coughs which is Normal for me. 

• Like 1

Posted

if this  comes off we wont be going any were!!!

gfs-2-42.png

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, tinybill said:

if this  comes off we wont be going any were!!!

gfs-2-42.png

Kent

60417980_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.faee26f075c3f5653705580f5db5d1e3.jpg

In the words of Ford Prefect-Goosnargh

Posted

After a peruse at the 00z Models GFS is really pretty much on its own with possible snow Tomorrow Night into Tuesday - The rest are just not having it at all. 

All very disappointing really and with 2 frosts since last Sunday looking the likely outcome from these Boom Charts if we have come down to that from the best synoptics since 2010/13 etc then we really are in trouble for winters going forward.

I do love these showery set ups from the east though seen a couple of cracking rainbows already this morning in the Northern Sky might even venture onto the coast near Foulness tomorrow to see if any pokier showers might contain some waterspouts seeing as the Seas around the coast are so warm.

Chin up people and lets hope GooFuS is correct although as I have said before convective wise its an appaling mesoscale model against the others so confidence is VERY low

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Next Friday.. Hoping this doesn't disappear as we get closer to the time but it's been showing regular on the charts.

image.thumb.png.95bc217e8534f839df2cbada315530ac.pngimage.thumb.png.f7fcd6422f9ef7cbac7e0b23aca23f74.pngimage.thumb.png.a3f278f6c2699a40ff012d73071b9566.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Speedbird said:

Nothing but rain here in Eastwood

Just had my shopping delivered and the driver did see sleet on his travels this morning, so that's something I guess! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Transititon to sleet & snow tomorrow eve **

That’s what I like, short, to the point and positive.

If it doesn’t come off, not the end of the world and as it’s from a respected contributor I look forward to his next forecast.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Conditions looking ripe for a constant streamer setting up from Monday night through into Wednesday before tapering off. Areas affected look to be coastal Suffolk/Essex SW through N/W Kent, south London, Surrey, E/W Sussex. Must be stressed, that for now, the further east you are towards the North Sea coast (without high ground) the more likely rain/sleet will fall, as dew points generally looking tad the wrong side of 0C on high-res models. However, further west/inland across the SE - dew points dropping below 0C, so could see snow to lower levels, but big question mark then over whether any snow will settle as the temps may still be too high. Best chance at night for settling away from eastern coastal areas and certainly higher ground of N Downs, Weald, and South Downs could see a covering above 150m.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Saw Sleet Last Night mixed on the ground quite a lot of it was just Sleet rather than just Rain so could see a slight dlusing on the ground when the Lights turned on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Saw Sleet Last Night mixed on the ground quite a lot of it was just Sleet rather than just Rain so could see a slight dlusing on the ground when the Lights turned on. 

Dusting of sleet? 

• Like 1

Posted

Latest gfs sticking to its guns snow as early as 18.00 tomorrow eve throughout Tuesday, more interestingly Friday looks good, temps could do with being a little lower on Monday night, Tuesday, but Friday look perfect

Edited by clark3r

Posted

Rain, rain and more chuffing rain. If it does produce something tomorrow night onwards, we’re too close to the coast for anything but more chuffing rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Persistent Heavy Snow

Well, all the ups & downs are most certainly a theme right now. Can't say I blame people for reacting negatively and for the most part, positively with what they are seeing chart wise. 

I've sort of come to the conclusion that the BBC always seem to, in the end,  get it right. And whilst us amateurs try to muddle through what all these different charts are saying to us, we piece it all up and come to our conclusions based on what it is saying. 

For me the charts just keep sending us down the garden path whilst the Met/BBC have a super computer with different information above what watered down version we get information from. It certainly seems that way to me. 

Whilst the hype, the hope and 'Boom' charts appear, the media are homing in on money making hyped reports on Blizzards and 25" snow drifts and the 'Beast from the east' nonsense. 

I'm actually really drained from all this lol, I am a sad loser when it comes to snow. 

I'm 43 and I love snow as much as I did as a kid. I actually talk to myself when it snows lol. Bloody mad I am over it! 

Seriously though, it's towards the end of this week new week coming up when things become favorable for snow in the SE, it's just to warm here at the moment. 

In comparison to most of Europe the UK is mild, temps of 4c to 5c is just so disappointing, then dew points of 2c just now, well forget any snow chances before Weds at the very least. 

Sleet is the very best you'll get and if you are more elevated then wet snow. 

The rest of Europe is between -1 to 2c whilst we bask in rain conducive 4c & 5c due being in less cold strip of air currently. 

Zzzzzzzz

• Like 3

Posted
30 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

After a peruse at the 00z Models GFS is really pretty much on its own with possible snow Tomorrow Night into Tuesday - The rest are just not having it at all. 

All very disappointing really and with 2 frosts since last Sunday looking the likely outcome from these Boom Charts if we have come down to that from the best synoptics since 2010/13 etc then we really are in trouble for winters going forward.

I do love these showery set ups from the east though seen a couple of cracking rainbows already this morning in the Northern Sky might even venture onto the coast near Foulness tomorrow to see if any pokier showers might contain some waterspouts seeing as the Seas around the coast are so warm.

Chin up people and lets hope GooFuS is correct although as I have said before convective wise its an appaling mesoscale model against the others so confidence is VERY low

The Boom is going on one again on the model discussion

• Thanks 3

Posted

Just pray and pray GFS is correct as its pretty much that Model against the rest and is showing an absolute snowfest for most of the UK. After a 40 hour spell of streamers like Nick says above away from the coasts it dries out for Thursday before the mother of all SnowStorms from the North and North West, then continues cold with more troughs and low pressure coming down from the north into entrenched cold.

Only problem is none of the other Models are seeing this and after a rainy sleety mess over the next 72 hours they revert back to a more mobile pattern after the end of this week.

Unfortunately I know who my money is on.

• Like 3

Posted

The mood swings in the MOD thread are hilarious. On a high with the 06z GFS, after the 00z downer, what mood will the 12z runs bring?

I guess it's hurts harder those in our region when the models are showing a return to milder on the horizon, when many of us have had no snow, particularly if the coming week fails to deliver.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
Just now, Nick F said:

The mood swings in the MOD thread a hilarious. On a high with the 06z GFS, after the 00z downer, what mood will the 12z runs bring?

I guess it's hurts harder those in our region when the models are showing a return to milder on the horizon, when many of us have had no snow, particularly if the coming week fails to deliver.

What a roller coaster ehhh Nick!! 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I wonder if those living in America suffer from the same fatigue of model failure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

BBC finally giving something other than rain symbols, although today looks too mild even for sleet. So they're probably still wrong

Screenshot_20210103-103609.png