IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Darkcloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning

rather wishy washy morning here in Farnham, Surrey
temp 2.8 and rising

i know forecasts should be taken with a pinch of salt but we have no snow forecast for the next week on Net or Meto. 
As my parents have both recently died and I inherit the house we are actually going to sell up there’s and ours and hopefully move to Scotland next year!  Not sure whereabouts yet but got to be a better chance up there!!! 
Have a good day 

Sue  x 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
9 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

i know forecasts should be taken with a pinch of salt but we have no snow forecast for the next week on Net or Meto. 
As my parents have both recently died and I inherit the house we are actually going to sell up there’s and ours and hopefully move to Scotland next year!  Not sure whereabouts yet but got to be a better chance up there!!! 
Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Sounds lovely - just pick somewhere with a little altitude. 

I couldn't live there personally, the summers are wet and pretty dreadful.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
15 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Moving to Scotland is our plan for the next 5 years.

Braemar, Grantown and Tomintoul will be our target areas.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Sounds lovely - just pick somewhere with a little altitude. 

I couldn't live there personally, the summers are wet and pretty dreadful.

I absolutely hate hot weather! We holiday up there every year and where I come from has just become too busy, luckily it’s so popular house prices are ridiculous! The weather is so changeable up there! It’s not boring!!

Posted
Just now, Speedbird said:

Moving to Scotland is our plan for the next 5 years.

Braemar, Grantown and Tomintoul will be our target areas.

Lovely areas, should get snow there!!

we are looking everywhere, we normally holiday in the highlands (west) but because we run businesses we don’t really want to be too remote, but away from neighbours!!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
16 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Good luck with the sale and the move You should see more snow up there. Have you any idea which part of Scotland you’ll move to? It’s a beautiful country, with a lot less people than our region ??

Posted
1 minute ago, paget said:

Lovely areas, should get snow there!!

we are looking everywhere, we normally holiday in the highlands (west) but because we run businesses we don’t really want to be too remote, but away from neighbours!!!! 

And there lays the problem - we too would like an element of privacy but know that as we get older (and health issues increase) we don't want to be too far from shops and medical services.

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Good luck with the sale and the move You should see more snow up there. Have you any idea which part of Scotland you’ll move to? It’s a beautiful country, with a lot less people than our region ??

We are looking at the perfect property not necessarily worried about the area, we love the western highlands but probably want to be a bit less remote (to run our businesses!) 

looking at Aberdeenshire, Ayrshire, Cairngorms, Dumfries but we won’t say no to higher up north if the right house appears! Got lots to do first, my mum was a hoarder and the house is so so full!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, paget said:

We are looking at the perfect property not necessarily worried about the area, we love the western highlands but probably want to be a bit less remote (to run our businesses!) 

looking at Aberdeenshire, Ayrshire, Cairngorms, Dumfries but we won’t say no to higher up north if the right house appears! Got lots to do first, my mum was a hoarder and the house is so so full!!

So nice that you are able to make the move to somewhere that you love, though the circumstances must be sad.  I’m guessing that you can work from home? My friend in Bracknell is going to sell up this year and do the same as you, the south is too populated for her liking. Rural Aberdeenshire is gorgeous (love the berry farms). Not seen much of the Highlands. Loved Pitlochry too and Perthshire, was up there in that crazy Christmas of 2010 with -10°C during the day and 2 feet of snow ⛄️ 

Posted

Last 3 gfs runs have been showing snow on Tuesday, ecm has been going backwards and forwards, metoffice still say no snow, let’s see this evenings runs 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I wish my area didn't give precipitation such a warm welcome! I've waited for something to fall for a sky for ages, and it suddenly warms up a bit!
There was a frost when I went to sleep.

Posted

So nice that you are able to make the move to somewhere that you love, though the circumstances must be sad.  I’m guessing that you can work from home? My friend in Bracknell is going to sell up this year and do the same as you, the south is too populated for her liking. Rural Aberdeenshire is gorgeous (love the berry farms). Not seen much of the Highlands. Loved Pitlochry too and Perthshire, was up there in that crazy Christmas of 2010 with -10°C during the day and 2 feet of snow ⛄️ 

It’s been a hard choice, our houses (semi detached) have been in my family for 200 years, but I’ve spent the last 5 years solely caring for my parents 24/7 so I feel I need to do this for me now before I get too old! Our house is a tiny cottage so I’m looking forward to buying a bigger property with done land, my business is home based and my husband is a joiner/carpenter so will set up a workshop on the land, probates not even gone through yet so a long way to go!! X 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, paget said:

It’s been a hard choice, our houses (semi detached) have been in my family for 200 years, but I’ve spent the last 5 years solely caring for my parents 24/7 so I feel I need to do this for me now before I get too old! Our house is a tiny cottage so I’m looking forward to buying a bigger property with done land, my business is home based and my husband is a joiner/carpenter so will set up a workshop on the land, probates not even gone through yet so a long way to go!! X 

I bet it’s been a difficult choice. You have to follow your dream, though It’ll be more of a peaceful life up there, plus your money goes further for property, which is great if you want something bigger. Please keep us updated on your progress ??

Posted

I bet it’s been a difficult choice. You have to follow your dream, though It’ll be more of a peaceful life up there, plus your money goes further for property, which is great if you want something bigger. Please keep us updated on your progress ??

Will do x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I wish my area didn't give precipitation such a warm welcome! I've waited for something to fall for a sky for ages, and it suddenly warms up a bit!
There was a frost when I went to sleep.

Nothing but rain here in Eastwood

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
48 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Will be hard to leave all those memories behind, I wish you all the best.

Posted

There is nothing quite so compelling as model watching. The highs and lows are never ending. The toys come out the prozac is to hand people lose the plot in the mad thread. Thankfully it is a lot calmer in here. Yes we chase the snow but we are the snow starved south east. What do we expect lol. I will continue enjoying the very knowledgeable peeps on here. Waiting to see Mr Murray response. The flip is in my eyes enormous at t+120. Doubting I have even seen a bigger swing 

Keep the faith peeps 

• Like 3