Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, NickR said:

I never go in the MOD thread. I spend most of my time on TWO, but when winter conditions arise I prefer my NE family: we're all focused on the same thing.

What's the ECM look like for us?

Similar to ukmo upto 144, ecm a bit quicker with the atlantic low after, i wouldnt look past sunday in this situation, dense cold air notorious for hanging on.

Posted

12 ECM still good for us well into next week, I'm not bothered yet  about breakdowns etc later next week, I just want to see the what happens sat to tue  and enjoy the ride, cannot wait for saturday, I'm like a little kid waiting for santa coming

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, gazzac69 said:

12 ECM still good for us well into next week, I'm not bothered yet  about breakdowns etc later next week, I just want to see the what happens sat to tue  and enjoy the ride, cannot wait for saturday, I'm like a little kid waiting for santa coming

I’m not fussed on any breakdown yet as long as we get 3-4 days of cold snowy weather we can’t ask for more at this stage! 

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

Not bad by looks of it. I think realweather use a 10km nmm model for this

FB_IMG_1612462486727.jpg

Looks like a realistic target based on the output.

From the realweather site:

About us

Real Weather LTD is a weather forecasting company that aims to provide an alternative and more accurate forecasting service across both shorter and longer range timescales than other UK providers. This is largely achieved through combining the usual scientific approach of numerical weather prediction analysis with previous experience of where particular forecast models may fall short of reality during particular patterns of weather.

I especially like the bolded bit.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

Surely the possible breakdown is not worth thinking about at this stage, we all want the freeze and the snow, let’s enjoy it and worry about the end of next week in a few days time.

However my feelings are that there will be no proper end to the cold for at least the first 3 weeks of February.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
10 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Surely the possible breakdown is not worth thinking about at this stage, we all want the freeze and the snow, let’s enjoy it and worry about the end of next week in a few days time.

However my feelings are that there will be no proper end to the cold for at least the first 3 weeks of February.

You need to rephrase what you said. There will be no proper end to the cold for northerners however down south winter is over until the next run 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

You need to rephrase what you said. There will be no proper end to the cold for northerners however down south winter is over until the next run 

A sentiment we can all lift a glass and toast to.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mr McP said:

Quick question, what happened to Steve Murr on MOD thread?

Has he stopped posting? I got fed up with his ramping and demeanour. That plus he threatened to find where I lived and pay me a visit when I was critical about him... :/

Posted
4 hours ago, Jarrow Posh said:

To say I'm underwhelmed by the MO's 5 day forecast for my location would be an understatement!

Screenshot_20210204-152745_Met Office.jpg

Met Office app forecasts are woeful, they change on an hourly basis, many a day past few weeks, there has been no precipitation showing for here, whilst its pouring or snowing, and then lo and behold it appears on the app, lasting an hour then cloud again. BBC ones are the same. I ignore them now, they are hopeless!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, MonkeyMag said:

Actually looking forward to finally getting snow at the coast ..........hopefully 

It will be a centimeter of slush all the way up Monkseaton Drive, you'll have to walk across to Shiremoor for it to settle as usual

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Snow, Snow and more Snow!!
8 minutes ago, NickR said:

Has he stopped posting? I got fed up with his ramping and demeanour. That plus he threatened to find where I lived and pay me a visit when I was critical about him...

He's set up a new weather forum with some others i believe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves and anything extreme

If the steamers line up as they did in 2018 I'm in for something special again I reckon.  

Posted

He and the mods had a bit of a falling out from what I seen before it got hidden.  Hes set his own place up now hasnt he and also on twittor?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Snow, Snow and more Snow!!

Taken off twitter, meteorologists attempt to predict Sunday and Monday, I'd take that tbh 

IMG_20210204_194349.thumb.jpg.a040de76a26865cd339bbe0a36c59b44.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Phil Blake said:

Not bad by looks of it. I think realweather use a 10km nmm model for this

FB_IMG_1612462486727.jpg

Spot the white area... these maps are highly distorted always show Cumbria so small..

Liking the FAX charts showing convergence line. Please can we have one hitting the Durham coast around Peterlee that aligns ESE - so it make it here please! Not too much to ask!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, North East Blizzard said:

Taken off twitter, meteorologists attempt to predict Sunday and Monday, I'd take that tbh 

IMG_20210204_194349.thumb.jpg.a040de76a26865cd339bbe0a36c59b44.jpg

Bang on the loop of the 5 in 15!  ill take that!

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, NickR said:

Has he stopped posting? I got fed up with his ramping and demeanour. That plus he threatened to find where I lived and pay me a visit when I was critical about him...

Thats because hes a heed the ball.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Gavs just released a snow watch video, might be worth a view, not watched it yet myself 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Regarding Steve Murr I think he called chio a bell end on the mad thread. May have been more but the mods were on it like wild fire. Did he really say that to you nick r ? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Continental Climate said:

Regarding Steve Murr I think he called chio a bell end on the mad thread. May have been more but the mods were on it like wild fire. Did he really say that to you nick r ? 

Yes. I'm afraid so. The 'and I'll sort you out' element was implied - but in the context of an argument, saying I can find where you live is unlikely to be so that you can give the fella a handshake and offer to buy him a pint!

Edited by NickR
  • Like 1

Posted

I dont really frequent on here unless a decent spell of weather could crop up, but tbh, steves posts and analysis were always near enough bang on and straight to the point

• Like 1