Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Just watched the BBC forecast and on Sunday it showed no snow showers coming in off the north sea. Thats wrong surely

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Just watched the BBC forecast and on Sunday it showed no snow showers coming in off the north sea. Thats wrong surely

I wouldnt worry about bbc weather, its awful and more often than not highly innacurate,stick to the met office forecasts and warnings, i think there will be flash warnings from sunday, there will be lying snow down to sea level from saturday night/sunday onwards, quite likely a lot of it too. Exciting times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Snow, Snow and more Snow!!

Asked Marco about current warnings, says will be adjusted nearer the time. 

Also says disruptive snow on the way 

Screenshot_20210204_141134_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210204_141122_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

Today's random check of the metoffice website for my location now has constant snow showers Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday with a max of 2c everyday. Still think temps being overplayed here and I think temps will struggle to get above freezing 

Posted

Looks like you'll be in for a treat back in the personal motherland, Covid delaying my eventual move back up looking even more frustrating right now.... 

Significant snowfall over the weekend looks a nail on for you guys. Enjoy it - and make sure you stop long enough to take a photo on your daily walks  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
2 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

Looks like you'll be in for a treat back in the personal motherland, Covid delaying my eventual move back up looking even more frustrating right now.... 

Significant snowfall over the weekend looks a nail on for you guys. Enjoy it - and make sure you stop long enough to take a photo on your daily walks  

I am sure plenty will make it over to you aswell

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

Today's random check of the metoffice website for my location now has constant snow showers Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday with a max of 2c everyday. Still think temps being overplayed here and I think temps will struggle to get above freezing 

And night time temps of -1c with snow on the ground you might expect it to be colder than that but I suppose the strength of the wind will be a factor 

Posted
Just now, Boro Snow said:

I am sure plenty will make it over to you aswell

I hope you're right.... I'm less convinced, but that's caused enough discussion in my own regional thread without coming in here and opening it. 

These kind of set ups are brilliant for you guys though, endless convective streams of showers quite possible for the North East and for inland parts of Cumbria. Remember lamp post watching a good few of these kind of Easterlies back up where I used to live. 

Although having just checked my old house on the met office and seen Saturday and Sunday forecast as rain and sleet I don't feel like I missing out as much 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

And night time temps of -1c with snow on the ground you might expect it to be colder than that but I suppose the strength of the wind will be a factor 

Strength of the wind will be a factor but even so, I'd probably guess night temps around -3 -4 and day temps -1 to +1. We will see. High res models will come into range soon for shower distribution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially cold and snow!
45 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

To say I'm underwhelmed by the MO's 5 day forecast for my location would be an understatement!

Screenshot_20210204-152745_Met Office.jpg

Posted

I can't recall all forecasts being quite this underwhelming only then to give way to a huge snowfest tbh. That's what concerns me.

Posted
2 minutes ago, NickR said:

I can't recall all forecasts being quite this underwhelming only then to give way to a huge snowfest tbh. That's what concerns me.

You know as well as anyone though that predicting snowfall in this kind of set up is extremely difficult you can go by the MO 5 day forecast but that’s subject to change every hour. Personally not going to pay any attention to any forecast until the day itself.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, NickR said:

As i posted above, Marco from the Met is predicting disruptive snow. That warning is just a blanket warning for the whole east coast, he says these will be updated as we progress and theres more confidence in where streamers and the like will set up. 

Gfs starting to show this on the 12z.

Edited by North East Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

12 GFS looking good, sat pm the -10 Isotherm quickly follows the -5C isotherm, so  the region is covered  in the -10c isotherm by evening that is when the fun and games should start happening - can't wait

image.thumb.png.355c63ca0f0b2c2e806c572f50209016.png

image.thumb.png.da87f237614905cf965463047ad05e19.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by gazzac69
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, North East Blizzard said:

As i posted above, Marco from the Met is predicting disruptive snow. That warning is just a blanket warning for the whole east coast, he says these will be updated as we progress and theres more confidence in where streamers and the like will set up. 

Gfs starting to show this on the 12z.

Teesside streamer at 120?

Posted
Just now, NickR said:

Teesside streamer at 120?

Looks like it possibly on the latest run, will chop and change I'd imagine as we move forward. 

Honestly i think we'll all see plenty of the white stuff in the next week

Posted
15 minutes ago, gazzac69 said:

12 GFS looking good, sat pm the -10 Isotherm quickly follows the -5C isotherm, so  the region is covered  in the -10c isotherm by evening that is when the fun and games should start happening - can't wait

image.thumb.png.355c63ca0f0b2c2e806c572f50209016.png

image.thumb.png.da87f237614905cf965463047ad05e19.png

image.png

image.png

What do all the colours on the right hand side mean. Parts of the region are pink and others red. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

What do all the colours on the right hand side mean. Parts of the region are pink and others red. 

pink is 100% risk of snow, red 80% yellow less again, what is happening is the pink is spreading south which means the risk of snow is increasing through the weekend

here's sunday

image.thumb.png.fdb766f3f7fbcb5f7efc7e36e8b3b057.png

Edited by gazzac69

Posted
5 minutes ago, Polarwesterly said:

There are no words for this next Wednesday 

B2158572-2437-419B-9C83-F85B1421FB19.jpeg

What is the record for an arctic high? 

Posted
Just now, Polarwesterly said:

Them Lp’s running along north med are nicely propping our easterly on Ukmo, good timing

I see a the mad thread is descending into chaos with the gfs run lol. 

• Like 2