Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted

New warning for Saturday,but only for Durham and Northumberland in our region at the moment.

Issued: 11:12 (UTC) on Wed 10 Feb 2021

Further details

A band of snow is likely to arrive into Northern Ireland during the early hours of Saturday, then move east into parts of England, Wales and Scotland through the day. Not all areas will have snow, but where it does fall 1-4 cm are possible widely, with 5-10 cm, perhaps up to 15 cm over high ground. In addition to snow, some freezing rain may also fall in places, leading to very slippery conditions. Across Northern Ireland, snow is likely to turn to rain during the afternoon.

Incoming again.

20210210_143551.thumb.jpg.e1b9aeb291199a4a19d242b9703ac6f2.jpg

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot
16 minutes ago, Cloud 10 said:

New warning for Saturday,but only for Durham and Northumberland in our region at the moment.

Issued: 11:12 (UTC) on Wed 10 Feb 2021

Further details

A band of snow is likely to arrive into Northern Ireland during the early hours of Saturday, then move east into parts of England, Wales and Scotland through the day. Not all areas will have snow, but where it does fall 1-4 cm are possible widely, with 5-10 cm, perhaps up to 15 cm over high ground. In addition to snow, some freezing rain may also fall in places, leading to very slippery conditions. Across Northern Ireland, snow is likely to turn to rain during the afternoon.

I wonder if that means they expect the low to stop & stall?

Posted
31 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

The same for CLS. Numerous times the precipitation splits and goes around me. Another example of this has just happened

Screenshot_20210210-135702.thumb.png.2412b412d1b9eb742443707f642432ee.png

Yep, good example there. There's a few more showers out there, might get one last flurry before it packs up. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

I wonder if that means they expect the low to stop & stall?

Thats what it sounds like,the front not making it right across.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
1 minute ago, stjamesnewc said:

Yep, good example there. There's a few more showers out there, might get one last flurry before it packs up. 

Moderate graupel as we speak

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Caught a few nice pics out around the town moor a little while ago.

Feb10_2021_A.thumb.jpg.e948c33319525794ecd9546162ebb9da.jpg Feb10_2021_C.thumb.jpg.fa94b40f1f736d775705434e24feef7b.jpg Feb10_2021_D.thumb.jpg.0df692dc067b733fb4903c54baa77782.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Signs of the system that's due to dip in to the North Sea tomorrow appearing on the latest sat image, this is what will cut off our NE'ly feed. It'll be worth keeping an eye on the track of this system as even though it's not forecast to make landfall that could change depending on the progress of the Atlantic low which are famously difficult to predict in situations where there's embedded cold.

2006247144_anim_vis(1).thumb.gif.7a6fa6e6cb4c95e237d8d3eff5c0ef22.gif

Edited by garylaverick
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!

Well gentlemen, as they say when the Titanic sunk, it's been a pleasure! Really kept me entertained since Saturday on this particular page. Much better than reading those southern t w a t s moan. 

Edited by Fairweather Teessider

Posted
2 minutes ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

Well gentlemen, as they say when the Titanic sunk, it's been a pleasure! Really kept me entertained since Saturday on this particular page. Much better than reading those southern t w a t s moan. 

Seconded. My first time really following a cold spell and no doubt I'll be back, even if I am one of those southern you-know-whats in disguise 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)
2 minutes ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

I don't know, been a fair bit of moaning in here the past couple of days... But glad most got to see decent snow at last lol

Posted
Just now, doctor32 said:

I don't know, been a fair bit of moaning in here the past couple of days... But glad most got to see decent snow at last lol

Its been terrible for most until today to be fair. Hoping for one last hurrah before winter ends. 

Posted

Teesside may have one last chance at shower at 9pm but this it pulling at straws.....

Onto the next event, either snow,sun or lightning this is the places to come. 

Posted

I think to sum up this cold spell in one word I would chose frustrating. We've had all the right pieces at all the wrong times and it just never hooked up to the extent it could have for us. Don't get me wrong I'd take this over mild drab any day but I'm afraid to say my craving for a proper snow event remains unfulfilled at present. Saying all that, I'll be straight back at the smallest hint of new potential!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

I'd like to think I combine t w a t with humour. But, yes, definite moaning t w a t.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, garylaverick said:

I think to sum up this cold spell in one word I would chose frustrating. We've had all the right pieces at all the wrong times and it just never hooked up to the extent it could have for us. Don't get me wrong I'd take this over mild drab any day but I'm afraid to say my craving for a proper snow event remains unfulfilled at present. Saying all that, I'll be straight back at the smallest hint of new potential!

I can read between the lines. I always had you down as a Club member,  Gary.

Posted
1 minute ago, garylaverick said:

I'm with you there. Today has been a small bonus following a frustrating week. I'm sure we'll get to do it all again some time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Nice heavy snow here now. Big flakes.   I have often seen in the past, once you get reduction in wind speeds like now, if you get hit by decent showers, can put 2" down no problem

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

I’m not one for leaving a party early still chances in the next few hours especially the closer to the coast you are 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Yep it's definitely game over now especially for the southern part of the region. Today has been pretty good really in darlo. The whole spell however has been pretty frustrating really especially Saturday to Tuesday. Could have been one to remember this  but sadly it will be quickly forgotten.