Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

My turn to be negative now. So far today this has been rubbish. Not impressed at all after a decent start. I'm ready for the next spell or even better spring. 

Showers either skirt passed me or die off before they hit land for my location. I'm literally bored with this now. 

Posted
Just now, NorthEastSnow said:

Best not to look 

Looks accurate to me so far

Posted

My take on it is..... Its snowing there is snow on the ground and its cold. IT at least for the first time on Teesside feels like winter. 

We have another 3/4 days of it so just enjoy the odd snow we are getting. Yes other places are doing really well but there isn't a lot we can do about that. We just need to hope we get something good before the winters out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot
3 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

How bad is that from the BBC for today. 

20210208_115714.jpg

Not surprised, its almost like anyone outside of SE don't matter with Beeb & Met. Parts of Scotland & near me have had snow either falling or lying nearly everyday since Christmas Eve, but everyone takes the stance that because they're used to it, there's no need for warnings or news pieces

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, P-M said:

My turn to be negative now. So far today this has been rubbish. Not impressed at all after a decent start. I'm ready for the next spell or even better spring. 

Showers either skirt passed me or die off before they hit land for my location. I'm literally bored with this now. 

Your membership card is in the post.

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, NickR said:

Your membership card is in the post.

I've been negative from Saturday night. I want an honorary badge please? Knowing my luck i'll not get one, just something else i'll not get 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, NorthEastSnow said:

My take on it is..... Its snowing there is snow on the ground and its cold. IT at least for the first time on Teesside feels like winter. 

We have another 3/4 days of it so just enjoy the odd snow we are getting. Yes other places are doing really well but there isn't a lot we can do about that. We just need to hope we get something good before the winters out.

Sorry but my preference is proper snow. Fridgid temps meaning my heating has to stay on but no proper snow doesn't really float my boat. 

I was optimistic as this was meant to be an easterly that delivered and apart from 1cm of graupel it hasn't. Yes the usual places in the hills have done well at times but low lying places haven't really. 

I get people are enjoying this spell but for me personally I am an extreme weather nut. This is just a bog standard wintry day. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Tucka20 said:

I've been negative from Saturday night. I want an honorary badge please? Knowing my luck i'll not get one, just something else i'll not get 

You might not get one because the post man is caught up in all the heavy snow your going to get.... a POSITIVE stance on it lol. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, P-M said:

We've got another 60 hours and more of a NE element only hours away, keep the faith.

Out to t45

Screenshot_20210208-121021_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

You might not get one because the post man is caught up in all the heavy snow your going to get.... a POSITIVE stance on it lol. 

There's no place for that level of positivity here! Anyway, postie has just been and he didn't slip once coming up my drive. A sign of a poor snowfall. 

I still think we'd be buried if I hadn't bought a sledge at the weekend.

Edited by Tucka20
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not warmth

If you want plenty of winter sun, Aycliffe is the place to be. Lovely winter's crisp day, minus snow. I'll take this as a second offering.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, geordiekev said:

We've got another 60 hours and more of a NE element only hours away, keep the faith.

Out to t45

Id  be more than happy to eat my words mate so see what happens.  Honestly I'm seething turning that heating dial when I look out there and see that dross

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tucka20 said:

You're already on the membership list. Card will have been sent out. As ever, you should assume the worst and that it has got lost in Belmont Postal Centre. It's all about accepting disappointment as the default of life.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

Out to t45

Also this is for Wednesday? Its meant to settle down later Wednesday isn't it? When is the NE meant to set in mate? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, P-M said:

Also this is for Wednesday? Its meant to settle down later Wednesday isn't it? When is the NE meant to set in mate? 

Turns more NE in about 6 hours and stays that way out till Wed, even todays slight shift has turned the graupel into proper flakes with proper cloud development.

Its always a good sign when the Sun & showers mix to promote cloud growth

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'm keeping the faith as I still feel we're early in to this spell (earlier than we thought we'd be at this point I guess due to that pesky German low). In my experience shower activity generally increases in an evening through the night so I'm interested to see what happens later on. Wednesday does look like our best shot at the moment, which I appreciate is not what people want to hear, but there's not a lot that can be done about that! I agree that i thought we'd be in a better place by this point but it is what it is.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Warnings and showers can pop out of know where in these east set ups. Try and keep the faith. I'm not losing mine just yet....

The only warning  required right now for my location is to wear goggles to stop the mini polystyrene snow pellets from taking me eyes out. Useless stuff it is. Its like someone's ripped open a beanbag and threw it all over the street. 

Beast from East

Edited by P-M
  • Like 1

Posted

Winds now turning more NE with winds coming through the the straits of Skagerrak.

Perfect for convection and potential for huge streamers which will be formed in the straits then rapidly grow over the North Sea heading straight to the North East under the right conditions (this evening/overnight)

Convection picking up now around 80 miles out. 

Edited by AdrianHull
  • Thanks 3

Posted
Just now, Mercury Rising said:

I reckon it was a typo -should have been Least not Beast   from the East...

The new slogan for this cold spell

• Like 1