Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
32 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Haway seabreeze where are you...let’s be having you

Currently being snowing moderately for 10-15 minutes but struggling to accumulate and most of the snow from the early hours of this morning has gone. 

I’m back , I have witnessed every shower somehow only skim me for the past two hours. Luck has to change soon or even I am going to become negative 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
1 minute ago, seabreeze86 said:

I’m back , I have witnessed every shower somehow only skim me for the past two hours. Luck has to change soon or even I am going to become negative 

There's more than enough room in the negative crew

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves and anything extreme
4 minutes ago, MonkeyMag said:

This looks like a direct hit for us in Whitley 

FFD971B7-FFBA-4144-AB60-DE470B6007E5.jpeg

Not quite would be my guess, probably more North Blyth/Bedlington, need a NE feed to push that your way.

Posted
9 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Don't do it! Half the forum has already defected to the Nick R camp, keep the faith. Hopefully the change in wind direction improves our luck. Never had so many near misses in one day before.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

How are you not negative anyway? It's Monday night and basically have a dandruff coating. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

It's frustrating watching the radar we have showers in the Borders that are beasts. Showers going into N Yorkshire that are beasts and one's where we all live whispy tiddlers. Oh well such is life. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Smoggieontour said:

Don't do it! Half the forum has already defected to the Nick R camp, keep the faith. Hopefully the change in wind direction improves our luck. Never had so many near misses in one day before.

Resistance is futile.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Some big blobs hitting the North Yorkshire moors. I think Redcar could be in with a chance also. Pity Me just outside Durham is nice and white - had a good shower a short while ago. Had a mix of graupel and big flakes all day - gusty winds in the showers - no thundersnow just yet - but I guess that would more likely happen near the coast - used to witness it occasionally when I lived in Peterlee during these weather patterns.

Posted
15 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Not like Nick surely lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Graupel or hail falling again 

Posted
5 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

How are you not negative anyway? It's Monday night and basically have a dandruff coating. 

Because we still have a couple of days left and I’m a blind optimistic when it comes to snow 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Not like Nick surely lol

I wouldn’t go that far lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
3 minutes ago, Continental Climate said:

It's frustrating watching the radar we have showers in the Borders that are beasts. Showers going into N Yorkshire that are beasts and one's where we all live whispy tiddlers. Oh well such is life. 

You must of got a good covering between 5 and 6 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow, beast from the east
16 minutes ago, J-Man said:

Not quite would be my guess, probably more North Blyth/Bedlington, need a NE feed to push that your way.

Agree that’s where its hit ?‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves and anything extreme

The key tonight is getting snowflakes and not graupel, there'll be more than enough showers for everyone but most places will only notice it come 7am if it falls as snowflake snow.  

Posted

I've just been to take the bins out an surprisingly there's a couple of cm down from the odd showers I've managed to catch. So much potential I just hope we can cash in.

Posted
2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Because we still have a couple of days left and I’m a blind optimistic when it comes to snow 

Well said seabreeze, we are on day 1 for gods sake people, still tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, Wednesday, Wednesday night and potentially even a little about still on Thursday then it looks like we stay cold for the best part of the month with potentially more snow events which could pop up.

Yes it hasn't met expectations YET but come on team NE thread there is still time and if it doesn't happen then it's only weather.

• Like 2

Posted

Quite an intense shower built up just north of Durham 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Well said seabreeze, we are on day 1 for gods sake people, still tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, Wednesday, Wednesday night and potentially even a little about still on Thursday then it looks like we stay cold for the best part of the month with potentially more snow events which could pop up.

Yes it hasn't met expectations YET but come on team NE thread there is still time and if it doesn't happen then it's only weather.

Day two. 

Posted
1 minute ago, shawty1984 said:

Day two. 

Well yeah but remember this time last night it wasn't happening anywhere anywhere so today is day 1 for me.