Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Been for a drive with the dog tonight. Everywhere looks pretty wet right now. Down on the Seaburn coast though it was freezing you could tell things were changing. Most I managed to get while out was sleet but mainly rain. 

20210206_183831.jpg

20210206_184942.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Snow, Snow and more Snow!!
28 minutes ago, John in the frozen north said:

Wierdly warmed up to 2 degrees in Hexham and rained for a while now back at 1.3 degrees and sleet. Not sure whats going on. Missing a lot of potential snow here.

Did exactly that here, i think it could of been the winds picking up before the colder 850's got in. Dropping now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

On the turn in Durham city. Some big flakes driving home. Precipitation not as heavy back in Chester le street 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I thought we would have had snow by now! Still raining out there, surely can't be long now!

Posted

I've just done a little comparison of 850 temps on the latest GFS vs what it was showing for the same time 3 days ago. It's pretty much exactly as forecast, if anything the cold is slightly advanced.

12Z 3rd Feb for 7pm 6th Feb

gfs-1-78.thumb.png.bc0d1a040acedda12d41581cf7578d20.png

12Z 6th Feb for 7pm 6th Feb

gfs-1-6.thumb.png.8031102e2a33f20061bea743d9914811.png

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris. said:

image.thumb.png.473482935bd82b3f57376380719b8a29.pngFinally turned red.   Probably turn back green on the next frame!

Not much good if it's still blue in reality! lol

Anyway, not worth it now as if it does turn, the ppn is drying up. Was hoping this would lay a base before the showers in coming days. Looks like that won't happen. All eyes on the N Sea.

Edited by NickR
  • Like 1

Posted

Agreed Nick.   Still thick heavy rain ,  Doesnt even leave a nice flake on the window as it hits it.  If the cold air was 6 hours ahead, it would have been a lovely set of showers to get us started, but looks like we will have to wait for the N sea to wake up when the cold sets fully in.

Posted

Just had a good stare at the radar. The pinks (snow) are just beginning to form offshore as the cold air digs in closer to land but are racing across nice and quickly. My guess would be that areas just inshore will start to see convective snow falling before 10pm.

Edited by snowmackem

Posted
10 minutes ago, Chris. said:

Agreed Nick.   Still thick heavy rain ,  Doesnt even leave a nice flake on the window as it hits it.  If the cold air was 6 hours ahead, it would have been a lovely set of showers to get us started, but looks like we will have to wait for the N sea to wake up when the cold sets fully in.

The problem is the system that is generating the current precipitation is the same system that will drag in the cold air as it moves away. It was always going to be staggered unless you've got a lot of elevation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Heavy rain now in Darlo 

Posted

The radar looks like it's showing peppered convection off shore now behind the main front.  Not massively  but looks to me as if it is starting.  Also a lot of sleet returns on the radar rather than rain.  I know a lot of places are still seeing rain but I think it's only a matter of time now before that changes.  The radar is now indicative of a change!

Posted

Popped my head out after dinner, hoping it would have turned... Nope.

The N Sea is where it's at for us, clearly. But no one's telling me this evening hasn't failed to give what the models and even the radar were showing, even if we might now be able to see the reasons why.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Sleet/wet snow here now and temp down to 1.2°c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
17 minutes ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

Where's seabreeze when you need him?? I can't be bothered to look outside to see if it's snowing in Redcar yet!!

I’m watching the football not expecting it to snow here until after 11pm. Not going to annoy the Mrs to much just yet with my constant curtain twitching 

Posted

Temp has increased to 2.6c here still rain

Posted
4 minutes ago, NickR said:

The N Sea is where it's at for us, clearly. But no one's telling me this evening hasn't failed to give what the models and even the radar were showing, even if we might now be able to see the reasons why.

I never expected anything of note tonight snow wise, it simply hasnt been cold enough, most models showed that to be the case, later and in the morning may be different.

Posted
6 minutes ago, NickR said:

Mate honestly the snow showers will not start until the lower uppers have fired up the North Sea. Its not even started yet man lol