Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
25 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

The warning also goes out to sea...WOW it might just be lol. 

Its nailed on now you will 100% see settling snow with no melting taking place 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Cloud 10 said:

Yes,will likely be some local flooding issues.

I do wonder if all that rain fell as snow over the higher hills.

Hi guys, I've been lurking this winter, mainly out of despair at being near the coast and missing out on almost all of the action so far this year! Anticipation starting to build for the weekend now but trying to keep a level head.

Photo is from a friend who lives up near Killhope confirming this rain did fall as snow up there.

FB_IMG_1612349819592.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Another meto warning for rain - but look at the last sentence regarding snow on sat

Updated: 10:30 (UTC) on Wed 3 Feb 2021

Further details

Periods of heavy rain are expected across northeast England during Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and into Saturday. Some large rainfall amounts are expected with 20-40 mm falling widely, and 60-80 mm in a few places, mainly on east-facing slopes. Some drier interludes are also expected at times. Following recent wet conditions, this heavy rain may bring some flooding, particularly to lowland areas, whilst higher ground is more likely to see snow. On Saturday, snow becomes more likely than rain with time as conditions turn colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!

Just seen the set of GEFS for the north east on the " Southern " thread. I don't know how to post but just WOW...... We seem to be getting some recognition from the south for once!! Might finally get some snow in Teesside this time round!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

Looks like Saturday evening into Saturday night is where it gets interesting for us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Snow, Snow and more Snow!!
4 minutes ago, gazzac69 said:

Another meto warning for rain - but look at the last sentence regarding snow on sat

Updated: 10:30 (UTC) on Wed 3 Feb 2021

Further details

Periods of heavy rain are expected across northeast England during Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and into Saturday. Some large rainfall amounts are expected with 20-40 mm falling widely, and 60-80 mm in a few places, mainly on east-facing slopes. Some drier interludes are also expected at times. Following recent wet conditions, this heavy rain may bring some flooding, particularly to lowland areas, whilst higher ground is more likely to see snow. On Saturday, snow becomes more likely than rain with time as conditions turn colder.

It certainly looks like by the middle of Saturday conditions turn a lot more favourable

Posted
16 minutes ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

Just seen the set of GEFS for the north east on the " Southern " thread. I don't know how to post but just WOW...... We seem to be getting some recognition from the south for once!! Might finally get some snow in Teesside this time round!

Have you got a link? This must be good if we are even getting recognition from the South!!! I’m sorry but I’m overjoyed been waiting so long for some proper snow looks like we are all in the game for once! It’s been a rough time for everyone hope the wintry conditions can put a smile on everyone’s face! 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

Here is what Fairweather is referring to, these are pretty extreme to say the least

image.png.157303e5b6a8df5fce502b7f33276994.png

• Like 2

Posted

I think we could all see some memorable snowfall in the next week. ECM snowfall maps have 85 cms here for a weeks time and we currently have around 25cms before the main action gets going! Exciting times ahead for us lot!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not warmth

Well, I'm on lates from friday for 3. Working for Highways England is very trying for us over winter. I'm normally the only fool on the road patrolling the A66 when it snows. Can't wait!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, tynevalleysnow said:

I think we could all see some memorable snowfall in the next week. ECM snowfall maps have 85 cms here for a weeks time and we currently have around 25cms before the main action gets going! Exciting times ahead for us lot!

You will have to get some photos up, think you'll be buried up there

Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Any idea when we’ll get the worst of it if it comes off trying to put some holidays in from work? 

Still a little bit early for specifics, but for Middlesbrough my current guess is rain will turn to snow late Saturday evening. Sunday we should get plenty of snow showers/longer spells of snow. Monday also looks particularly snowy and this could also continue on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So I'd book the Monday off if I were you!

Where abouts in Middlesbrough are you out of interest?

Posted
Just now, Smoggieontour said:

Still a little bit early for specifics, but for Middlesbrough my current guess is rain will turn to snow late Saturday evening. Sunday we should get plenty of snow showers/longer spells of snow. Monday also looks particularly snowy and this could also continue on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So I'd book the Monday off if I were you!

Where abouts in Middlesbrough are you out of interest?

Ah nice one! Yeah it’ll be the Monday then thank you I want to make the most of it! 

I’m in Linthorpe moving to Acklam in a couple of weeks just waiting on a completion date which could be within 2-3 weeks got an appointment on Monday just to get another feel for the house etc I have a feeling it could be a tricky commute even though it’s 5 minutes in the car! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Ah nice one! Yeah it’ll be the Monday then thank you I want to make the most of it! 

I’m in Linthorpe moving to Acklam in a couple of weeks just waiting on a completion date which could be within 2-3 weeks got an appointment on Monday just to get another feel for the house etc I have a feeling it could be a tricky commute even though it’s 5 minutes in the car! 

Yes that'll be interesting on Monday I suspect.

I lived in Linthorpe too until recently but am in Thorntree nowadays. So the showers will be passing through here on their way to you!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
3 hours ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Is this cold spell nailed on now then? So more people like Teesside will get some snow without the dreaded word SLEET! 

In my past experience the key is always down to the angle of the East wind. I have fell victim a lot of times being in the middle of the shower line to the North and South again making it very frustrating. 

Hoping by this weekend we can take the kids social distance sledging. 

Snow all the way zero marginality even for coastal areas. Bring it on

You can wait years for a set up like this. Don’t forget disturbances won’t be picked up on very late on . I expect to big totals in our area 

Edited by seabreeze86
  • Like 3

Posted
22 minutes ago, North East Blizzard said:

You will have to get some photos up, think you'll be buried up there

I will try. MetO app has us for constant heavy snow from Friday night to the ending of the forecast. If they are right on top of what’s here now it will be epic. On a side note it’s very ironic that while the snow conditions across the Pennines and Scotland are as good as ever the ski centres have to close for covid!

Posted
1 minute ago, tynevalleysnow said:

I will try. MetO app has us for constant heavy snow from Friday night to the ending of the forecast. If they are right on top of what’s here now it will be epic. On a side note it’s very ironic that while the snow conditions across the Pennines and Scotland are as good as ever the ski centres have to close for covid!

Yeah that's absolutely terrible for them, seen some pictures fron the Highlands, looks amazing up there. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

The mod thread already talking about it ending before its begun saying 3-4 days. 

Were never a happy lot in the UK are we lol. 

I would be happy with 3-4 days of snow considering the winter we have had!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
3 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

I would be happy with 3-4 days of snow considering the winter we have had!!!

What do you mean I thinks its been a brilliant winter had snow beginning of December and Xmas eve, 2nd January was awesome 4 inches of snow then 3 more times through January we had lying snow here in Darlo anyway, I think the 3/4 days is for the south, the amount of times I see the initials SE in the model thread is unbelievable don't bother going in anymore its so south biased. Were abouts in Acklam are you moving too its were I spent all my childhood and adult life untill I moved here 20 years ago when I was 24, I lived on baldoon sands top of Trimdon ave and the Oval, I would move bk in a hearts beat but the wife won't leave Darlington

Posted

I know its crazy to think Boro Snow but Teesside areas have has hardly no snow at all. One day i travelled from home to Darlington and the difference of 3 miles was unreal. 

I'm with Snowmaggedon on this one, we will take anything at the moment as its been a terrible winter for us in respect of others who have had a lot... even the south lol. 

• Like 1