Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted

It seems to be fizzling out rather sooner than they predicted, we have a couple of inches it was quite blizzardy an hour ago and caught a lot out going to work etc by the sound of it.
snow.jpg

Edited by 4wd
  • Like 2

Posted

After a good 24-36 hours on Sun/Mon, the 06z is poor - rain comes in shortly after and it's all washed away. Hm.

Posted

06 GFS P looks better than GFS for mon onwards so far, better than 00 runs, interesting model watching at the mo still very hopeful of proper laying snow this weekend into monday fingers crossed 

Posted
17 minutes ago, NickR said:

After a good 24-36 hours on Sun/Mon, the 06z is poor - rain comes in shortly after and it's all washed away. Hm.

You give such a positive vibe Nick.

Models are all over the place and changing every six hours, don't throw the toys out of the pram after the one run, look for trends and the trend is for very cold then sustained cold through February, yes maybe one or two milder blips but then back to cold.

Oh and don't always count on the ppn going elsewhere, again this will chop and change very quickly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Screenshot_20210202-105515_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

So lets hope the misery effort it tried today was the salt on the starter and we actually have some fun and games to look forward to. I mean it don't have to last weeks just one week is fine and then some nice warm weather will be lovely 

Posted
4 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

So lets hope the misery effort it tried today was the salt on the starter and we actually have some fun and games to look forward to. I mean it don't have to last weeks just one week is fine and then some nice warm weather will be lovely 

Don't you dare say that NES, haha, we have been watching all around us getting hammered for what seems like a month, we now want a month of it.

Kick spring into March and I will look forward to it as much as you.

Posted
1 minute ago, Gizzy said:

Don't you dare say that NES, haha, we have been watching all around us getting hammered for what seems like a month, we now want a month of it.

Kick spring into March and I will look forward to it as much as you.

I was trying a bit of reverse psychology seen as everything else I've been saying has happened ha, Ok i agree lets settle for March, Bring on the snow for the whole of Feb. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Would you believe it! We’ve got a weather warning for rain!! Some cold spell this.

Now this one will happen  

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Would you believe it! We’ve got a weather warning for rain!! Some cold spell this.

Was always going to turn to rain though and with the snow melt ( that foot we had this morning lol ) and heavy rain tonight the worry is for flooding.

Don't worry the proper snow is coming.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Was always going to turn to rain though and with the snow melt ( that foot we had this morning lol ) and heavy rain tonight the worry is for flooding.

Don't worry the proper snow is coming.

Yeah it’s just quite amusing considering how unlucky we have been! 

This Easterly better deliver or I’m moving to the North Pole for my snow fix.

• Like 1

Posted

We have an amber warning for snow for this morning,just a tad late.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/accessible-uk-warnings

Amber warning expired,lmao!

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

Could be a fair bit of snow in the NE Saturday and more especially Sunday. Fingers crossed it makes it to this side of the Pennines, as I expect it to be of the more fine powdery type and unlike today will freeze instantly and hold.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

So in Hexham (up the hill a bit 140m) we ended up with 3-4 cm of snow probably less in the town centre.. Only 1 degree now but a bit of drizzle. 

IMG_3432.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

Driving back from work and it's still quite white in Durham. There's literally a line on the a167 at the waldridge roundabout. Snow one side. Green other side. Chester le street is very green and very wet. Winter is over according to the southern thread following every gfs run. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.
15 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

Driving back from work and it's still quite white in Durham. There's literally a line on the a167 at the waldridge roundabout. Snow one side. Green other side. Chester le street is very green and very wet. Winter is over according to the southern thread following every gfs run. 

Even on the "bad" GFS runs we get plenty more snow this weekend. 

Posted

still looks good for this weekend into next week for our region acc. to 12pm models, so far as I can see 

morning slush gone, but had bits of snow then sleet & now rain so far today

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

How’s it looking for us this weekend and beyond? 

There has been so many twists and turns trying to get this easterly in place it really is hard to tell the end result. I would say it is 50/50, all hopefully will be much clearer by tomorrow evening.

Posted
Just now, Rollo said:

There has been so many twists and turns trying to get this easterly in place it really is hard to tell the end result. I would say it is 50/50, all hopefully will be much clearer by tomorrow evening.

Blimey Rollo you're been a bit cautious, I would go for 80% chance of a decent spell for at least  late sat/sun/mon

• Like 2