Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Safe to say all being well and no major changes next weekend is looking very interesting. No marginality involved here, snow all the way

B87F77CA-7036-46ED-AB97-A75C9911E876.png

1DFF0E63-8605-4F69-AFA4-5A4CA4290571.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Will Haryson said:

Hi! Is anybody use a weather station at home? I want to get some of these (https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/weather-stations ), but i'm not sure which one to choose

Nee help

Hi, I have the Netatmo Weather Station they do a decent job of giving you basic weather information, I also like the feature that you can look at everyone elses weather stations around the world and get there information on due points etc. 

If you love weather then for me there a great little kit, 

Posted

I think if we do get the easterly winds then anything can happen in our locations as these tend to pop up out of no where. 

I seem to recall warnings at short notice due to this also. 

I would hope that if this cold does come off we will be in a good position to get something decent from it but we all know this can go wrong. 

The way this winter has gone for low lying areas it wouldn't surprise me if it did. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Is that’s what they’re telling you on the MAD (Southern) thread? 

No, I don't go in there. It's what the GFS 00z charts are showing me (will look at 06z now). Have you looked at them?

Edited by NickR

Posted

I'm Sure the people at the Met Office read these forums and us from Teesside and thinks i know, I will draw the most obscure warning line to annoy the life out of us....

I'm just to say in the warning so I guess I will have snow and my next door neighbors wont 

Posted

I am awaiting the 12z with great interest, we do not want any further delays, Saturday seems a long time to wait for the start of the main course, In an ideal world the low to the south west would move south east not north east.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Rollo said:

I am awaiting the 12z with great interest, we do not want any further delays, Saturday seems a long time to wait for the start of the main course, In an ideal world the low to the south west would move south east not north east.

Same, I have a bad feeling about this one. How come the bbc weather ahead shows warmer weather for next week? even talks about mild southerlies? Well and truly confused now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
11 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Same, I have a bad feeling about this one. How come the bbc weather ahead shows warmer weather for next week? even talks about mild southerlies? Well and truly confused now. 

They are using yesterdays ECM data. Can't trust BBC forecasts now

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

It may be something to do with the unseasonable warmth in the med try to work it’s way north that is causing confusion but I was  not aware that the beeb were forecasting mild southerlies next week , calm you nerves and wait for the 12z and see the comments of the likes of Nick Sussex, IDO and Corinthian.

My bet is that the 06z has gone off on one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Hi frozen north people,

So what are we going to get. Snowy day tomorrow and thaw Weds on? Or will the cold hang on a bit? Should be fun anyway.

On the BBC issue it is now a joke. Is all they are allowed to do read the script when if any of them bother to look at the forecast models like many weather watchers they would know that what they are saying is not the most likely outcome. Met office doing much better so just watching their forecasts now. I realise the south is going to be warm while we get some snow but they have so downplayed the snow for many this week, especially Scotland and the chance of a very cold weekend and week next week. If they are worried about saying the wrong thing then just stick to today/tomorrow forecast.

Posted

My view of things this week from past experience, reading stuff from the main thread & looking at models is that  Tue/wed will be an higher ground event, may start as sleet/snow on lower coastal areas such as my location, but will soon turn to cold rain in the main.

We want those fronts to not push through our region, if they do as forecast then we need the associated low to push away SE to allow the colder air to follow hopefully this will happen Thursday/Friday and into the weekend we will start seeing widespread snow fall across the whole region including the coastal plain - I hope this weekend delivers for us all

• Like 1

Posted

12z looks epic, though, again, EA in particular is favoured. My worry in these situations is that the low sits a little lower and our long-fetch feed gets cut off. That's what leads to major snow in SE and EA and dregs here.

Posted

gfs/meto/icon all looking good to me for this weekend & into next

Edited by gazzac69

Posted
4 minutes ago, NickR said:

12z looks epic, though, again, EA in particular is favoured. My worry in these situations is that the low sits a little lower and our long-fetch feed gets cut off. That's what leads to major snow in SE and EA and dregs here.

to be honest as long as we get something decent this weekend , I'm not really bothered whether other parts of the country get more or less then us, whether it be EA or Scotland , I'm hoping this is our time

Posted
5 minutes ago, NickR said:

Smaller features and troughs will not show until closer timescale. The higher res models will be best to pick up the convection too. We should do very well up here 

• Like 1

Posted

As long as we are in the game and get some snow that doesn’t let straight away!!!! It has been too long guys!!! I’m potentially moving within a few weeks just waiting on a completion date couldn’t have picked a worse time of the Easterly comes off! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine
42 minutes ago, gazzac69 said:

to be honest as long as we get something decent this weekend , I'm not really bothered whether other parts of the country get more or less then us, whether it be EA or Scotland , I'm hoping this is our time

Same here all I really want is a couple of inches of snow then a nice freezing fog high. I hope the SE get in on the action. 

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Continental Climate said:

Same here all I really want is a couple of inches of snow then a nice freezing fog high. I hope the SE get in on the action. 

For all our sake. Could you imagine the southern thread if it became a northern only event

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.
12 minutes ago, Phil Blake said:

For all our sake. Could you imagine the southern thread if it became a northern only event

Can you imagine a southern thread if they ever got a winter. Winter is coming.

• Like 1