Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
30 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Sunday’s looking good 

It wouldn’t quite reach my location so I filled in the next hour. Sorry Teessiders.

412E788D-2D2E-4E08-8EFC-33FE19F2CBDF.png

FB681BEE-214A-4B31-BD63-F040B6D90C3B.png

hehe, it has been a very marginal winter, lack of extremes. The only winter i can remember which was a little similar was maybe 08/09

Posted
Just now, Polarwesterly said:

hehe, it has been a very marginal winter, lack of extremes. The only winter i can remember which was a little similar was maybe 08/09

Yea I mean we’ve had milder winters for sure. But as far as frustration goes this one is up there. 
For what ever reason the formulas just haven’t come together for us to get decent snow. 

I’m sure we will get one last kick from winter before we can all look forward to hopefully some freedom and heat ☀️ 

Posted
1 minute ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Yea I mean we’ve had milder winters for sure. But as far as frustration goes this one is up there. 
For what ever reason the formulas just haven’t come together for us to get decent snow. 

I’m sure we will get one last kick from winter before we can all look forward to hopefully some freedom and heat ☀️ 

Agree, if it continues like this through to the start of March, it will be the king of frustration for our region. Other places have done well midlands etc but even there it’s gone within a day or 2 without elevation. The winter has been noticeably lacking of deep cold, wet too.

Posted
46 minutes ago, Polarwesterly said:

Agree, if it continues like this through to the start of March, it will be the king of frustration for our region. Other places have done well midlands etc but even there it’s gone within a day or 2 without elevation. The winter has been noticeably lacking of deep cold, wet too.

One thing that is guaranteed is that we will get an easterly in late spring / summer that bring nice miserable sea fret, mist and low cloud whilst the rest of the country basks in blazing sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
1 hour ago, Gizzy said:

One thing that is guaranteed is that we will get an easterly in late spring / summer that bring nice miserable sea fret, mist and low cloud whilst the rest of the country basks in blazing sun.

That is definitely guaranteed

Posted

Quite a miserable day here today. Got upto 6c. Heavy rain overnight and most of tomorrow. Sunday shows a bit more promise but again more than likely marginal for lower ground 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in the winter. Warmth in the summer

Nothing showing on the radar.,but it's raining up here in the hills.

Posted

More opportunities for some white stuff over the next week before something colder? Certainly looking better after tonight's runs. Hopefully we can get some of that really cold air moving our way over a warm North sea 

Posted

Looks like 6-12 hours of snow for the same places as last time on Saturday while we get none. Again.

Posted
18 minutes ago, NickR said:

Looks like 6-12 hours of snow for the same places as last time on Saturday while we get none. Again.

The joys of being in the north east. Models still hinting at a beast. With the warmer than average North sea we could potentially be buried if sub -10 uppers do make their way here

Posted

Well hopefully the long promised cold snowy spell is almost here, I will still be holding my breath for another 72 hours but confidence is growing. Member living at altitude should have a good day tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not warmth
20 minutes ago, Dahonis said:

Plenty of rain in Aycliffe ?  

A few flakes of white stuff now

Posted
49 minutes ago, Polarwesterly said:

Some interesting rain % for the month on the far left for southern areas of the region 

88D1BB7B-8601-48E9-B348-4E8668A490D9.jpeg

You missed Teesside off the bottom 450*  another soaking day here today. Higher up routes initially doing very well again.  This is due to turn back to rain though i think so again events like this are wasted if people cant enjoy it. 

The weekend once again looks like a down south event so we continue to bind our time.... it will come I'm sure.  

Posted

Temp has dropped from 4c earlier this morning to 2c now. Heavy rain with slight sleetyness to it earlier. Not as heavy now