Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
24 minutes ago, Northumberland snowman said:

My parents live down in derby and have had a cracking snow fall today. Meanwhile lovely day up here, second best weather after snow for me.

IMG-20210124-WA0059.jpg

The radar suggested Derby really was the sweet spot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, NickR said:

The radar suggested Derby really was the sweet spot.

Indeed, for the first time ever, it usually manages to miss most snowfalls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

Great weather today. The frost hasn't shifted from the garden for 2days. Another hard frost tonight. Some snow would be lovely though. Been too marginal here so far this winter. 

Posted

Snow showing for some from tomorrow night as the Atlantic front moves in. Looks marginal again for lower ground. Sorry teeside folk. And another possible event Wednesday night into Thursday. Again marginal for lower ground. I think places like Barnard Castle will do well.

Posted

Sea temps are slightly lower now so any breeze slightly off the sea should not moderate the air as much. Although I believe they are still above average

1228515409_sstuk(1).thumb.gif.43606502fff0644cfa0663572c72ee76.gif

Posted

Looks like it is going to get a touch milder over the coming days but the originally forecast much milder air looks like it is going to be pushed back again - great that we keep colder and more of the battleground scenarios but your right Phil these battleground scenarios just don't work for us in Teesside, we may be lucky to see a bit of sleet / wet snow but certainly looking better for parts of Durham, Northumberland and NY moors again.

Posted

In regards to Thursday, met office still have my location down for heavy rain. All day Thursday and most of Friday. Again higher ground favoured for snowfall. Consett I'd imagine should see more snow. Interesting that the mildness never really makes it to us now. Just a couple of days ago I was down for 8c Thursday and now only a max of 4c forecast and looking cool/cold into the weekend

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Phil Blake said:

In regards to Thursday, met office still have my location down for heavy rain. All day Thursday and most of Friday. Again higher ground favoured for snowfall. Consett I'd imagine should see more snow. Interesting that the mildness never really makes it to us now. Just a couple of days ago I was down for 8c Thursday and now only a max of 4c forecast and looking cool/cold into the weekend

These weather situations are a nightmare for the forecasters, even now when they have decided that milder weather is the order of the day it is so finely balanced they could end up with egg on their face, obviously as A snow lover I hope they do.

Posted

Warning for Thursday,mainly hills again though.

ssued: 11:00 (UTC) on Tue 26 Jan 2021

Further details

A band of snowfall will likely push northeast into this region during the early hours of Thursday and become slow-moving. Snow may fall to lower elevations for a time with some locations seeing several cm by morning, however above 200 m elevation significant and prolonged snowfall is possible throughout Thursday, with the potential for 15-30cm to accumulate which may lead to transport disruption. Overnight into Friday snowfall will turn lighter and more patchy, and likely become restricted to elevations above 300-400 M, but may see a further 5-10 cm.

Posted

light rain here, hardly ever see snow from so called  battleground events at my low location, so expecting nowt again, I think IMBY its been another crap winter ,

Any snow that has lain has quickly turned to slush,

Posted
41 minutes ago, Rollo said:

I hope you get lots but it seems to be dry again. the next few days should hold some interest but the main performance should come early next month.

Hope you are right Rollo as becoming a bit despondent with it all now, lots of promise but nothing coming of it for us teessiders.

Posted
1 minute ago, Gizzy said:

Hope you are right Rollo as becoming a bit despondent with it all now, lots of promise but nothing coming of it for us teessiders.

I can understand that but the charts  hold loads of promise so all we can do is hope, I have to admit that by now I thought all the North East would be under a covering of snow.

Posted

Today and Thursday wont be anything to write home about for the lower folks again. Another wash out. 

Places higher up again look to be in a fantastic position for snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in the winter. Warmth in the summer

Juist been to shop and its now freezing rain in Consett centre.