Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
1 hour ago, Northumberland snowman said:

Had a decent covering here in north east durham, was very surprised as went to bed with freezing rain. Next chance of snow looks to be Thursday 

Yes,Thursday looks interesting again,although it would be nice to have some lower 850 temps.

euro4_uk1-1-50-0.thumb.png.addd5e68b1b81c6ff4ea584522663c37.png

Posted

rain showers for me here, quite a disappointment, -

weather warning for us tomorrow night for rain sleet or snow 

Posted

I know there is a warning out for tonight but I can’t see anything but rain? Anyone else hopeful? It would seem we have a nice easterly with lots of showers but non of them are of snow! 

Just as I post this met office remove there warnings so I guess they are on same wave length. 

Edited by NorthEastSnow

Posted
1 minute ago, Rollo said:

Believe it or not we had snow in the early hours but you have to look very closely or you might miss it!

I was wondering if there was any snow in the NE this morning as a cluster of weak showers moved through but given the lack of reports then I guess it did not amount to anything that would be noticeable!

Posted
49 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Believe it or not we had snow in the early hours but you have to look very closely or you might miss it!

Yes,a very light dusting from that rogue shower but it all counts.:cold-emoji:

Posted

Still snow on some of the cars from the showers overnight, had about a centermetre last night. 

Expecting a pretty cold night tonight, not sure about much snow though. 

Posted

it would be canny to get a covering got my beady eye on the radar at the mo, should be easily cold enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes it's looking decent, should all be snow with the current temps, baltic out there. Interestingly the bbc weather app now has snow forecast tomorrow morning as well

Screenshot_20201230-194418.png

Edited by Northumberland snowman

Posted

its snowing at st james park a bit

Edited by gazzac69
error

Posted

Tonight’s precipitation is highly likely to be rain or sleet unfortunately unless you have altitude on your side, the air just is not cold enough yet. current sea temperature in the North Sea off Sunderland  is 47.8c so the wait will go on, frustrating isn’t it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!
54 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Tonight’s precipitation is highly likely to be rain or sleet unfortunately unless you have altitude on your side, the air just is not cold enough yet. current sea temperature in the North Sea off Sunderland  is 47.8c so the wait will go on, frustrating isn’t it?

Jesus, I must get up the A19 quick with my best swimwear on at that sea temperature my friend!!

• Like 1

Posted

Well I think the GFs 6z is a big upgrade regarding the easterly for North east England and Yorkshire. 36-48 hour window monday ~ tuesday upers of -7 with occasional -8. Would just tip the balance in our favour with some decent accumulations! Yes milder uppers on the way wednesday but would only be short lived.

GFSOPUK06_96_2.png

GFSOPUK06_132_2.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW / THUNDER

Yes a sector of warmer upper air with this precipitation, the 850's get colder for Friday night through into the weekend so I'm hopeful of some sleet / snow showers just a few miles inland on a more northerly feed.  Feeling a bit disappointed at the mo, hopefully the models will start to pick up on the SSW and other factors with something special in the offing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Whilst I've already had more Wintriness this year so far than all of last year I can't help feeling disappointed. If only we could have a cold pool to tap into in Europe everything else is in place. Synoptic and background signals are good at the minute but I'm thinking no decent low land snow in our region until at least mid month maybe more like the 20th. At least its more seasonal with frost and I saw snow on Xmas eve too so it's not all bad. 

Posted

Just had to pop out for milk. It's raining onto all that frost and ice still in the ground. Getting even more slippery out there. Watch out folks - you really don't want to end up in A&E right now. Happy New Year!

Posted

I'm planning a NYD walk from Cow Green up towards High Cup Nick tomorrow... hoping it's not sleety up there as it'll be a write off otherwise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Lovely and white out there with frost and ice, temp still below freezing and it rains how annoying is that, Sums up the whole of December for Darlington that. Had a bit of snow Xmas Eve but did not lay 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Lovely and white out there with frost and ice, temp still below freezing and it rains how annoying is that, Sums up the whole of December for Darlington that. Had a bit of snow Xmas Eve but did not lay 

This sums it up, well annoying! 

dew point -1 temp -1 = RAIN!

let’s all hope for a happier New Year.  

Edited by NorthEastSnow