Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
14 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

BBC Weather graphics on Breakfast look incredible for our patch, snow pretty much all day, really kicking in by 10am.

Sadly I don’t think it will play out like that here - the MetO app shows it completely dry all day! One of them is going to be very very wrong. 

Reports from Yorkshire don't look inspiring. 

• Like 1

Posted

BBC had 100% heavy snow at 6am and that didn't happen, 90% heavy snow from 7-9 that has also not happened so not filled with confidence!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

8899043E-F162-45E9-A960-EC80B56E5EDD.thumb.jpeg.a06bb5574d469bf45f1e0bbf505fbb4b.jpeg0E663620-EC7A-4E56-8D55-64F6363F067A.thumb.jpeg.0598a4c1531d175b0e566f8615f64bad.jpeg99961D7B-90B0-43A7-971D-32AB2D12CFED.thumb.jpeg.83a749bc9a800674fb6930341ca52aa1.jpegAA453AE7-098E-4B6B-970D-34F0FEF8E8EC.thumb.jpeg.6c81a34d378bc1adf71beb54f527753d.jpeg5E601730-1D3F-4E09-89A7-AE1CA6F916E7.thumb.jpeg.0599b1f1da63d3b2477a8ded56115ea0.jpeg

F41995F7-956F-49BE-9AED-049F3D5E6C24.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Some queer goings on this morning. Pretty much all of Cumbria seems to have had a good amount of snow overnight. Here I had snow all day yesterday and it was snowing at midnight. This morning the wind has got up considerably and there seems to have been a localised thaw of some of the snow here, perhaps caused by a bit of Fohn off the Pennines. Still got full cover but a bit damp looking. Curiously the worst effected place seems to be my garden! 

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Checked the not to be trusted rain radar and pink again thinking must have some lying snow. Then here cars travelling freely on what sounded like wet roads. Looked outside and it's a wet scene, no snow. Temp 1.7 degrees.

Answers on a postcard please?

Will be interesting to see where the snow line is. No reports on issues on high roads, so I'm wondering whether only very light stuff has fallen.

Very disappointing in what has been a very frustrating spell snow wise here. As said give me a front from off the Atlantic moving into cold air and there is no marginality..

My relatives live in the west Cumbria zone of snowlessness... and even they’ve had a decent fall today. Also seen pictures from a colleague at Keswick with a decent covering there. Seems strange. 

Posted

Got a covering of about an inch here.Quite surprised after yesterday’s drizzle fest!

A0EDD669-78E6-4365-9B27-F656F2563558.jpeg

Edited by Osca31
  • Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, trickydicky said:

Some queer goings on this morning. Pretty much all of Cumbria seems to have had a good amount of snow overnight. Here I had snow all day yesterday and it was snowing at midnight. This morning the wind has got up considerably and there seems to have been a localised thaw of some of the snow here, perhaps caused by a bit of Fohn off the Pennines. Still got full cover but a bit damp looking. Curiously the worst effected place seems to be my garden! 

Mmm just a slight dusting here, very odd what has happened, I cant fathom it out, like yesterday I can only think the precipitation was far too light to leave a cover. The fells are white. Could have had alot of snow had we some intensity, alas a damp squib. Very poor showing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Absolutely nothing. No snow. Nothing falling. Big dry gap on radar

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A couple from this morning

IMG_20210108_081108289.jpg

IMG_20210108_080757843.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Mmm just a slight dusting here, very odd what has happened, I cant fathom it out, like yesterday I can only think the precipitation was far too light to leave a cover. The fells are white. Could have had alot of snow had we some intensity, alas a damp squib. Very poor showing.

I can only think that you’re in the shadow of the fells. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not even 0.5 cm in the ground..and already melting at 2c balmy here in Sale...  oh well

Posted

Poor effort here overnight...a slushy dusting.  BBC had it piling up into the eastern foothills by 5am.  There is now a band of sleet/snow coming from the north east, so still a chance for the tops of the pens to get something.  Down here will probably a sleety mess.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Sounds good, still snowing lightly here.

Time to take my 20 month old daughter out for her first taste of sledging!  

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting looking finger of heavier precipitation making its way towards us from Leeds/York. Will it be rain, sleet or snow. Could be interesting. Looks like Dodge beat me to it. 

Screenshot_20210108-091821_Netweather Radar.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
34 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Tiniest bit of settling snow at 7am here in the south of the region but nothing more....yet. Problems could arise tonight in view of low temperatures forecast. Am I the only one who prefers the cold dry conditions we've had over the past few days? 

No - I'm another. The lightest of dustings, measured in mm. As I said the other day, I prefer cold & crisp; unless we get a proper fall of snow - not this derisory effort.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
7 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Interesting looking finger of heavier precipitation making its way towards us from Leeds/York. Will it be rain, sleet or snow. Could be interesting. Looks like Dodge beat me to it. 

Wonder if this is what the BBC forecast this morning was hinting at.

C.S

Posted

Well that was disappointing , probably got about 1cm if that here and looked so promising when went to sleep. Hope this next band delivers .

Posted

This band, started as wet snow, now its just Rain at 160 m in hattersley. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Looks like Dodge beat me to it. 

It's alright you win, you provided a graphic ;)....snizzle dancing in the air here....we will definitely need the heavier stuff to see any snow

Posted

hopefully that better ppn looks like it may hit unless it losses it's intensity, the dusting has now melted and floor now wet. I doubt anything will even stick now unless it is prolonged maybe.