Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
31 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

I meant done with winter ie/ throwing the tower in. And you really don’t seem to get that travel should be essential only wether it be by car or not. Frankly it’s people like you who totally disregard the rules is the reason why this region is in such a mess regards this pandemic. Please don’t reply as I tho I that totally owns this argument and I don’t want it to divulge any further and dilute the thread. The model thread is bad enough!

Whilst you're sat at home behind your keyboard I'm an essential worker and a teacher I disregard no rules. Shush.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Ok just woke up but doesn’t look like anything has reached here yet. Doing something in Crosby though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
12 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Whilst you're sat at home behind your keyboard I'm an essential worker and a teacher I disregard no rules. Shush.

Oh bore-off and please stop spoiling the thread. I shut this argument down earlier if you took the time to read the post and you are keeping it going! Do not reply the argument has ended.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Awaiting the band to the north of here that's about to make in roads into Saddleworth. It's pretty slow moving so won't arrive where I am until just after 3am (hopefully intact) then I'm going to get a few hrs sleep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Unfortunately for me, that plough dome047FFC13-0E74-4058-825F-FA73909C00A2.thumb.png.be153859b3105dee362a36d08acc0681.png is open today

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Enjoy. You'll get over 10cm if you're above 200m. Saddleworth Moor, Woodhead, Holme Moss, Snake will all be shut by the morning.

That’s fantastic! Good luck to all you guys could be in for a real treat!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Unfortunately for me, that plough dome047FFC13-0E74-4058-825F-FA73909C00A2.thumb.png.be153859b3105dee362a36d08acc0681.png is open today

??‍♂️ I feel your pain mate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There has been some rain showers recently, currently drizzle. Even the Flintshire hills have rain. Not quite cold enough yet.. temp 2C dewpoint 1C .. this might decrease later bringing a possibility for snow.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

There has been some rain showers recently, currently drizzle. Even the Flintshire hills have rain. Not quite cold enough yet.. temp 2C dewpoint 1C .. this might decrease later bringing a possibility for snow.

Seems to be a real ‘knife-edge’ event for many in the area. Fingers crossed for all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Was lightly snowing here 15 minutes ago. If it's cold enough to snow here it can snow anywhere lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Light  sleety drizzle started. 1.3°C. Might go back to bed at this rate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Not quite reaching here!

Screenshot_20210108-025912_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210108-025923_Chrome.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It appears to be snowing on a Chester webcam. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Not quite reaching here!

Screenshot_20210108-025912_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210108-025923_Chrome.jpg

Honestly Marra take that radar with a HUGE pinch of salt (or grit ). I was under a dark red area of heavy ppn and nothing was falling, been a few reports of that across the region.

.... Now then where’s that grit? Between my teeth???!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Its SNOWING!!! Light but definately snow, about bloody time man!

• Like 4

Posted

Well the heavier precipitation over western Merseyside has reached and it is falling as moderate rain. No sign of wintriness.. dewpoints are just too high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

Well the heavier precipitation over western Merseyside has reached and it is falling as moderate rain. No sign of wintriness.. dewpoints are just too high.

0.6c -0.3 DP here

Posted

Moderate sleety rain here, 1.2°C. Still heavy precipitation at Crosby and temp is  down to 0.6°C there.

Posted
16 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Its SNOWING!!! Light but definately snow, about bloody time man!

Happy for you more than anyone mate!!! With the exception of myself you have certainly suffered over the years (with the exception of March 2013 ) although I have no mercy as you do live in the coast!! But in all seriousness mate congrats! - you deserve it! Now get out there and enjoy it!! B.C.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Moderate sleety rain here, 1.2°C. Still heavy precipitation at Crosby and temp is  down to 0.6°C there.

One of the biggest issues is outside of that area, the precipitation is dying a death quickly as it moves south. It's a really strange situation when you play the radar. It has the behaviour of a polar low. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

0.6c -0.3 DP here

Snow all the way at those values! 

Currently 1.6C / 1.0C .. thoroughly wet. Got to change though eventually

Posted

Absolutely mortified, dumbfounded and perplexed as to the fact that it is raining here in my location. The radar said snow, the forecast said snow and even the nowcast says snow. I am genuinely starting to wonder if it is just me - another in the many long list of ‘missed out events.’ I am stating to take it personally... especially after least years fiasco and the one the year before that. Quite sickening that the last time I saw more than 2cm of snowfall in a location I lived was over a decade ago. Lost for words.

18 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Absolutely mortified, dumbfounded and perplexed as to the fact that it is raining here in my location. The radar said snow, the forecast said snow and even the nowcast says snow. I am genuinely starting to wonder if it is just me - another in the many long list of ‘missed out events.’ I am stating to take it personally... especially after least years fiasco and the one the year before that. Quite sickening that the last time I saw more than 2cm of snowfall in a location I lived was over a decade ago. Lost for words.

Where is your location?