Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

I never expect much, but I was taken in by the forecasts pre-Christmas; as it was, Christmas Day was less frosty & greener than I hoped, and the resultant 'cold snap' has been, 'underwhelming'. The lightest of dustings last Monday, then hail/graupel on Wednesday and finally 5-10 mins of snow flurries on Saturday post lunchtime. 

It's as if every box on the synoptics sheet has to be ticked for any decent snow to arrive - otherwise, forget it.

Posted
37 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

The wise old sage was right..

Never known a lamer Easterly than this ..

The early January 2010 was a pretty poor effort, considering the circumstances at the time.  Expectations was plenty of snow but in reality there was little and it wasn't that "cold" in relative terms.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

The early January 2010 was a pretty poor effort, considering the circumstances at the time.  Expectations was plenty of snow but in reality there was little and it wasn't that "cold" in relative terms.

Totally different weather in the NE I assure you, a proper convective easterly that is for sure! 

The problem with this easterly is the higher thicknesses and the cold air being hit and miss so its not a totally unstable easterly. I do think some got sucked into the hype from some posters who claim these were classic charts and unfortunately whilst the synotopics may of been classic, the cold air really was not. 

Regarding Thursday/Friday potential then it looks a bit hit and miss too me but the charts weather history posted shows nicely why we need kinks/shallow low pressure in that flow, could be a difference between a little bit of PPN and alot of PPN. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

A short message from me while I still have the energy, my Mrs & I are both in our early 40's with asthma, we have made every effort to protect ourselves from from this evil virus but it has found a way in. 

I am currently pretty ill & going the wrong way, please please look after yourselves & your families this virus is scary. 

I hope to be posting again with you snow nutters soon. 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

P.S. I hope the likes of @Chris.R @SP1986 @Miamay finally get your first snowfall since March 2018 soon. 

Thinking of you, take care of yourself hopefully be better very soon.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

A short message from me while I still have the energy, my Mrs & I are both in our early 40's with asthma, we have made every effort to protect ourselves from from this evil virus but it has found a way in. 

I am currently pretty ill & going the wrong way, please please look after yourselves & your families this virus is scary. 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

P.S. I hope the likes of @Chris.R @SP1986 @Miamay finally get your first snowfall since March 2018 soon. 

Take care day 10... hopefully you both make a recover soon  

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

So sorry to hear this! Hope you both make a speedy recovery! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.68ab72e118bee4b92a4681c2d355c12d.png Some beefier showers showing up now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
58 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

I'm sorry to hear this mate, I hope you can both get on the road to recovery very soon! I hope we all get to see a good snowfall, and you are able to experience it to!

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Hope you get better soon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Absolutely gutted to here this you are a top guy and we have been both been posting on here and chasing the dream for many years I hope and prey you both feel better soon we have never met but I class you as a true friend I wish you both the most speedy recoveries stay strong my friend 

Lots of virtual hugs to you both

Dave Aka C.S

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Sorry to hear that. Take care and hope you get better soon. People need to take this thing seriously.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
44 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Praying for you.

No one in our household has had it but there has been some close calls.

14 year old who normally goes to a special school 12 miles away is now shielding again. He has immunity problems and me and my wife are really worried as he doesnt look to be in contention for the vaccine due to age and his medical situation.

With me as carer, my wife out in community as a mental health nurse and my eldest working in a factory, it scares the tish out of me.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Please look after yourselves, mate. I shall pray you’re soon doing much better. xx

Edited by loubie_4
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Get well soon fella.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Sending very best Wirral wishes for a speedy recovery to you both. Take it easy x

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Not good - at all.

All hope for a quick recovery.

Iain

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Get well soon. 

I read this last week, it's a guide of how to fight this terrible illness from home. Hope it's of some help. X 20210105_123554.thumb.jpg.c14efaac00f074f580dfd648cc58270c.jpg

20210105_123538.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Thinking of you mate

• Like 2

Posted

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Messaged you @Day 10

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

And now suddenly snow seems meaningless.

Get well  soon day 10 !

Absolutely 

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Get well soon

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Hi Guys & Girls, 

Take care out there, 

Day 10.

Hope you both get well, you can beat this 

• Like 2

Posted

Outrageous long range MO forecast 19th Jan - 2nd Feb

• Like 1