Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Right!! national effort... EVERYONE turn of their heating until Tuesday... and maybe, just maybe, we can keep temps in atmosphere just cold enough to see some snow. 

Or post a made up chart in the Mad thread that shows a system loaded with snow across Northern England so they can demand a southerly correction.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Well today has mainly been:

DOWNGRADE SUNDAY!

Day 5 looks good......

Was that by the Bangles  Bungles

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
4 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Bloody hell I was joking when I posted yesterday that it would end up in Svalbard but at this rate it’s going to be closer to there than here.

They'll be lucky to see snow on the top of Cairngorm by the end of Tuesday the rate this is crashing through. Who ordered the Atlantic Express?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

They'll be lucky to see snow on the top of Cairngorm by the end of Tuesday the rate this is crashing through. Who ordered the Atlantic Express?

You can get anything delivered these days, just hope it’s coming by one of the more dodgy parcel companies and then it’ll end up somewhere else.

although that’s probably what keeps happening with our promised snow, just lands on someone else’s doorstep.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Pinched this out of the mod thread.

Bloody hell.

355141214_Screenshot_2021-01-31Modeloutputdiscussion-isthebeastawakening.thumb.png.38e5c363d7d60f1d3e260af4e9fb186b.png

Was that really from today? It cant be surely because it's such a misleading chart with the colours and placement of those colours. Not even the ECM(which is where the beeb graphics are from) shows the milder air making it that far north.

Plus the air is not going to be as mild as that chart may indicate, temperatures will be about average for most, perhaps a bit above in the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
29 minutes ago, Dexter said:

As much as I love snow, don't think I'll be setting an alarm for the possibility of seeing a few flakes in the rain at 4AM.

Agreed

Posted

Ha... This week aside.. update just showing 7th Feb offering a 50% chance of a dumping of snow... I can always dream

image.thumb.png.1356c1989e6455608a583f8971f898c5.png

Posted

A quiet cold weekend here, today felt a bit milder than yesterday with lighter winds, but still fairly chilly.

Tomorrow looks more of the same.

Tuesday, likely to see some snow early hours, perhaps a decent cover, before it turns to sleet and rain, and a thaw, not the type of event I enjoy. Much rather the snow came down in the daylight hours and the thaw during the darker hours, rather than watching it all turn slushy through the day.

Looks an active front with quite a bit of intensity, evaporative cooling take hold. Indeed shares hallmarks with the only snow event we had last winter on 24 Feb, we had about 3 inches from that, the snow turned to rain mid morning and was all gone by the evening.

Rest of the week - very messy.

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A quiet cold weekend here, today felt a bit milder than yesterday with lighter winds, but still fairly chilly.

Tuesday, likely to see some snow early hours, perhaps a decent cover, before it turns to sleet and rain, and a thaw, not the type of event I enjoy. Much rather the snow came down in the daylight hours and the thaw during the darker hours, rather than watching it all turn slushy through the day.

Looks an active front with quite a bit of intensity, evaporative cooling take hold. Indeed shares hallmarks with the only snow event we had last winter on 24 Feb, we had about 3 inches from that, the snow turned to rain mid morning and was all gone by the evening.

Just seen the 19.30 weather on BBC news 24.

Very telling how knife edge things are when they don't show any graphics for Tuesday onwards and just summarise that some will have heavy rain, others heavy snow and the milder turning back to cold by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Posted

A few small flakes of snow are blowing about in the wind here, hardly enough to stop the snowplough driver from being able to sit at home and watch Dancing On Ice but it’s another day with falling snow.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Just seen the 19.30 weather on BBC news 24.

Very telling how knife edge things are when they don't show any graphics for Tuesday onwards and just summarise that some will have heavy rain, others heavy snow and the milder turning back to cold by the end of the week.

The countryfile forecast was based I think on ECM model 0z, and they are now being forced to backtrack I feel.. it did show snow here early hours Tuesday but rain by 8am..  the countryfile forecast didn't mention much about colder weather for the following weekend. 

Posted

A dogs dinner. Don't know what the average Joe public would make of it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

A dogs dinner. Don't know what the average Joe public would make of it.

They just open the curtains on the day and don't get all stressed out like us  

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Day 10 said:

They just open the curtains on the day and don't get all stressed out like us  

That's me roughly from late March until early November - far more relaxed, but in the winter I open them with trepidation and expectation!

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, damianslaw said:

That's me roughly from late March until early November - far more relaxed, but in the winter I open them with trepidation and expectation!

Ridiculous isn't it, I'm just happy to know I'm not alone. The Mrs thinks I'm nuts and god knows what the neighbours think when it actually does snow, especially at night with all the curtain twitching!  

• Like 9

Posted

@raul_sbddid you find how to do font size mate? I was looking to reply to your post but couldn't find it.

It's easy on a laptop but I have just noticed the setting isn't there on the phone. 

It's normally in the tab area just above. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

@raul_sbddid you find how to do font size mate? I was looking to reply to your post but couldn't find it.

It's easy on a laptop but I have just noticed the setting isn't there on the phone. 

It's normally in the tab area just above. 

Was difficult to find but admins told me where it was .. there on the top of the screen little toggle

8083E56D-D8AD-4D10-B4E0-46424474955A.webp

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

I thought you needed really light winds for evaporative cooling. 

Looks too windy, does it not??

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

I thought you needed really light winds for evaporative cooling. 

Looks too windy, does it not??

Yep light/no wind for evap cooling... lookslike maybe freezing rain Tuesday initially then plain Jane rain yuck 

Posted
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Yep light/no wind for evap cooling... lookslike maybe freezing rain Tuesday initially then plain Jane rain yuck 

If the main action wasn't 3am I'd be interested in taking a look but it's a bad time. Too late to stay up to early to get up. 11pm no worries. 5am on worries. 3am ??

Posted

18z GFS looks rather bracing. This wouldn’t be a dry pattern for the eastern parts of NW England - nobody show me those crap precipitation charts to try and prove me wrong.

In all seriousness this would be BITTERLY cold with snow for some of us. 

spacer.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Was really enjoying watching the pub run unfortunately the willy wavers have now come out of hibernation we the usual boring tripe.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Was really enjoying watching the pub run unfortunately the willy wavers have now come out of hibernation we the usual boring tripe.

C.S

There's no nuance in there. Pretty much a ramp thread.

I'm pretty much bullied out of there.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

ICONEU still bullish...

image.thumb.png.fb260b644e2b19242b525032a28d0ff3.png

Bullish or bulls##t. 

• Like 1