Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted

A good half inch of snow lying on everything.  Came about 8am. Stopped by 9am.   Gone misty since then.  Only just freezing at ground level.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Woke up to an covering of snow and the radar seems to be alot of it is coming my way.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

B325EFD5-89D3-4505-9D92-407AB741D48A.thumb.png.d54de662af3726f20d430323fd8e48f2.png

Amazing how the showers look like they are coming straight for me then dive South in this set up. 

Come on one more heavy one !!! Pls!!

Posted
1 minute ago, pip22 said:

Woke up to an covering of snow and the radar seems to be alot of it is coming my way.

Going under

Posted

Ground temperatures are cold but road surfaces don't have a cover, need something heavier I feel. The shower has been much longer lasting than expected over an hour, there is little wind so any showers that do crop up are slow moving and expanding as they head inland it seems. Hoping for many more through the day, we shall see.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

These Irish Sea showers have a cool tendency to expand overhead as they meet the land, so your eyes are your best friend in this setup  

And as we write the radar proves correct and it stops on time. You could not make it up. 

Posted

An all-round sprinkling of snow here in the very South of the Region, and whilst it settled earlier, it looks more like sleet or 'cold rain' now. A bit to come I imagine from the cloud colour and cover, and my hope is that it doesn't all freeze up later, it could be lethal! 

Posted

Yeah getting lighter here. A lovely little day time event though maybe get lucky and get some more later - day light will be against us though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Been going about 5 minutes 

20210123_095050.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
46 minutes ago, NickyB said:

I’m 54 and doubt I’ll ever tire of seeing snow

Now I'm off my phone and on my computer, been able to see what's ahead for us here today and unfortunately Nicky it's looking like most of the showers will avoid us once again. Looks like our 45 minute covering is our lot. Tomorrow also looks a bust, so our hunt for an actual snow day looks set to continue.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
39 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I'm not the only big kid snow nutter then, it's good we all understand each other in here.  

I’m 59 and still get a buzz from seeing falling snow and being out in it.

I get nothing from driving in the stuff, in fact I hate it but wrapped up and on foot, I love it and if I could, I’d find an excuse to be out in what it coming down now.

i can’t for the next week at least so today I will just watch it slowly settling from inside the house and it’s certainly doing that at the moment.

• Like 4

Posted

3EC3B55E-2835-498F-A40F-EF410C7D7067.thumb.png.f951114a51ad29c2ee7919c49e351467.png

Reverse Psychology worked. 

Catching this shower nicely.