Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Belting down

C.S

• Like 3
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Guys & Girls, First of all I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you for all the messages of support and the PM's you sent me, you are an ok bunch aren't you! So, thank you.

Hi Guys & Girls,  A short message from me while I still have the energy, my Mrs & I are both in our early 40's with asthma, we have made every effort to protect ourselves from from this e

Shades of Feb 1996' for the NW with the current output - elevation, uppers and frontal / streamer alignment appear in the favour of many eastern areas (e.g. E Cumbria pummelled), but sizeable amounts

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Wallasey Village, Wirral. 15.7m ASL. 1 mile from the seafront
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Heatwaves and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
  • Location: Wallasey Village, Wirral. 15.7m ASL. 1 mile from the seafront
    31 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I don't know about you guys but snow just brings the stupid kid out in me and it just makes you forget about all the problems in the world even for a short while. 

I'm 42, the Mrs just doesn't get it lol. 

Looks like I'll be walking alone later, going to wait for the next shower and time it right. 

I’m 54 and doubt I’ll ever tire of seeing snow 👍

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Stopped for now but hopefully not for long. Just over 1 cm on all surfaces. 0.2°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and stormy weather

Eased off here now for now. Trying to work out which way showers are moving. Seem to be from the NW over the sea, swinging more West to East after they make land.

Posted

Turned to proper snow now, i am  out of the more prolonged ppn, have a nice cover

• Like 1
    Posted
    33 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I don't know about you guys but snow just brings the stupid kid out in me and it just makes you forget about all the problems in the world even for a short while. 

I'm 42, the Mrs just doesn't get it lol. 

Looks like I'll be walking alone later, going to wait for the next shower and time it right. 

I'm exactly the same, I'm 42 and every time it snows it's like I've never seen it before - brings out the kid in me. Even watching children's TV at moment to add to that feeling, cannot watch the news any more. I'll also be timing my walk hopefully when a long lasting snow shower is happening..

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunny crisp frosty days & Thunderstorms
    1 minute ago, NickyB said:

I’m 54 and doubt I’ll ever tire of seeing snow 👍

👍. You'll understand even more than me then how much better it was even at the coast 20 plus years ago, it's certainly less these days. Here's hoping for some beefy showers later. 

• Like 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I'm exactly the same, I'm 42 and every time it snows it's like I've never seen it before - brings out the kid in me. Even watching children's TV at moment to add to that feeling, cannot watch the news any more. I'll also be timing my walk hopefully when a long lasting snow shower is happening..

Will be interesting if the magic of snow gets lost among the next generation of kids now it will no longer mean a few days off with Zoom etc. Half the fun of 2010 was the extension of the school holidays by a good week personally. 

Edited by Frosty the Snowman
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

8FAB9061-CEB8-4B37-A069-67AE9CF18E54.thumb.png.bf4bab34f592524bb6681bd72602ee6b.png

As predicted all the stuff on the way skirting under Chorley area and hitting South of the region. Those in Manchester Cheshire getting decent snow today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
    11 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Any reports from Warrington? Radar says you’re copping it , is that not the case? 

Uncle said it’s not long started in Warrington. 

Posted

Radar shows im not getting thr heavy stuff, looks out the window it's pretty heavy!! yay hope this can keep up.

not really sticking yet jus on cars and grass

20210123_091452.jpg

Edited by jam2010
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunny crisp frosty days & Thunderstorms
    4 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I'm not the only big kid snow nutter then, it's good we all understand each other in here. 👍 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow and more Snow, Blizzards,Thunder Snow, Hoarfrost, Frost
    34 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Omg. Could these flakes be any bigger!!

Please grab some photos or video for us craving snow down south 😅

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and stormy weather

Back to heavy snow again. What a winter this is turning into.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Started again heavy, it’s about 80% snow 20% graupel which makes  an interesting consistency but I like it, feels like it might last longer.

• Like 2
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Back to heavy snow again. What a winter this is turning into.

Been a really good one since around 27th, think there's only been a handful of mild days and plenty of snow (lost count of days but well into double figures) . Doubt thus event today will even be the deepest (we had 4-5 inches total from the really long event here the other week.) 

Edited by Frosty the Snowman
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

After stopping for 10 minutes back to heavy snow again 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and the new ice age. Then, possibly, A jolly good bbq heatwave!

Hi all. Previous heavy snow melted quickly. Last night gave us a bit of a covering and its not long since started with very heavy DANDRUFF 🙂

We've been spoilt this winter already with the number of snowy episodes but no classic depths we are normally used to seeing up here on the edge of the pennines. 👍

I'm just one of those who likes getting snowed in with road closures. Turning to proper snow now.