Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Looking at the radar flooding will be immanent already in parts of the Ribble and Lancashire Calder's catchment areas. The Aire has already broke its banks in a few spots, this is worrying as the worst of the rain wasn't meant to be till this afternoon / tonight.

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Main area of concern looks like Eden 

Yay! I don't know how quickly things are moving through but at ground level there's been no wind all day. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

Yay! I don't know how quickly things are moving through but at ground level there's been no wind all day. 

Not sure about the Eden I've been monitoring the levels of the Caldew and the gadge at kirby Stephen and the Eden isn't raising fast at all. I mean it could all change but so far fingers crossed it stays the same

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
opengraph-image.png?0.26.0
FLOOD-WARNING-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

Check your risk of flooding: get current flood warnings, river and sea levels, check the 5-day forecast or use flood risk maps

No warnings for the Eden as of now.

Edited by Had Worse

Posted

This is for my local.

Check your risk of flooding: get current flood warnings, river and sea levels, check the 5-day forecast or use flood risk maps

Posted

image.thumb.png.9290ddd31d64b41a923d032442d10116.png River Mersey is on the way up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
20 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hello Guys & Girls,

First of all I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you for all the messages of support and the PM's you sent me, you are an ok bunch aren't you! So, thank you.

It has been a bumpy few weeks that's for sure, I came close to needing hospital treatment, we are both still off work recovering but hopefully past the worst of it now. It completely floored the both of us and apart from asthma we are pretty fit & healthy individuals, but the virus does not care about that.

The sooner the country gets vaccinated the better! I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

I hope you & your families have all managed to stay fit & well.

Now, off to view the charts to look at Wirral's next let down! Lol.

Current halfway score 1/10 (a couple hours of wet snow melting on impact manages a 1).

Take care all & it's good to be sitting here posting again!

Day 10.

Brilliant, so glad you are recovering. I have been worried for you.

I am very well still posting my forecasts and laughing at the mad thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms
24 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Hello Guys & Girls,

First of all I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you for all the messages of support and the PM's you sent me, you are an ok bunch aren't you! So, thank you.

It has been a bumpy few weeks that's for sure, I came close to needing hospital treatment, we are both still off work recovering but hopefully past the worst of it now. It completely floored the both of us and apart from asthma we are pretty fit & healthy individuals, but the virus does not care about that.

The sooner the country gets vaccinated the better! I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Current halfway score 1/10 (a couple hours of wet snow melting on impact manages a 1).

Day 10.

Get well soon Day 10!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Hello Guys & Girls,

Day 10.

Great to hear your battling back.  Its the day 10 that we always want to see and youve to come to fruition mate.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

Spoke to soon starting to rise now

Posted

Unless Im reading it wrong the amber warning hasnt  updated as usual this morning.    Does that mean they have looked at it and kept it the same, or that they are holding on before updating? 

Posted
Just now, chris78 said:

Unless Im reading it wrong the amber warning hasnt  updated as usual this morning.    Does that mean they have looked at it and kept it the same, or that they are holding on before updating? 

Maybe further developments or they are searching for an artist who knows his North from his South when asked to trim the Amber warning area.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Good to hear you're recovering Day10.. but don't expect nature to lavish you with a surprise snowfall.. not here in Wirral anyway

There's hasn't been much rain today surprisingly.. about 9mm so far.. we even has sunshine at lunch time. It reached 13C today and felt balmy compared to recent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Thunder Snow said:

Not sure about the Eden I've been monitoring the levels of the Caldew and the gadge at kirby Stephen and the Eden isn't raising fast at all. I mean it could all change but so far fingers crossed it stays the same

I can almost guarantee the Eden will go over in Appleby, there's just a delay but when it rises it rises quickly. It drops quickly too of course. 

• Like 1

Posted

Could do with the ground temp dropping just that little bit further on Thursday, the chance of snow looking quite likely which is always a bonus ,would be nice if it settled though. 

image.png

Edited by SnowWatcher2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'

Bolton has seen 38mm of rain up till 2pm today

Posted
1 hour ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

I can almost guarantee the Eden will go over in Appleby, there's just a delay but when it rises it rises quickly. It drops quickly too of course. 

Yer thats true of all 3 rivers in carlisle, fingers crossed we won't get as much as forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

met office text forecast wow good update and into next week.

Let's get this storm out of the way then can start the chase again.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Maybe a couple of hours back edge heavy wet snow Wed eve.

106306037_WedsSnow8pm.thumb.png.068b46a203cc333ae7096e66f4bf0568.png1762381322_WedsSnow9pm.thumb.png.bcc0a58c524c538b54e2c57853a7638c.png

• Like 4

Posted
26 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

I think the bands further north 

That's my thought also although plenty of rain still falling over North Lancashire and Cumbria and its not over by any means. Looks like tonight will see some restpite where it looks like the rainfall will be more sporadic before another heavier wave hits the region tomorrow. 

Really can't see much in the way of snow risk though, the low is just too far north sadly.