Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

2c 

0.9°C here. Probably the only time I have ever been colder than you.

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, NickyB said:

I love your posts Kasim. Don’t let them get you down.

Kasim, your posts are honest and informative..please may it continue

If i may ..let me tell you a story...

Once a poor nomadic man walked the barren plains, his feet swollen, hands blistered and eyes stinging in the wind. Pulling his cart behind him the poor man lumbered onward until he came too a crossroad. At this crossroad he saw a well dressed man..a rich well dressed man; the well dressed man lifted his hat and looked at the poor mans cart.."what provisions do you carry that you are willing to trade?"

The poor man wiped his eyes and answered "i have just butter and poor cheese".

"Then i shall trade you a kilo of my fine sugar..for half a kilo of butter and half a kilo of cheese" said the well dressed rich man....The trade was done

Next day..the poor man tired and weak pulled his cart into town....only to be confronted by the well dressed man and the sheriff."This man has cheated me" acclaimed the well dressed man..."He traded me less than the kilo we agreed..for my kilo of sugar..he was a 1/4 kilo short"

The poor man stayed silent....closed his eyes and shrugged his shoulders with no answer...The rope was already in place as the sheriff adorned the noose around the poor mans neck.........The rope sang in the wind...with no words from a poor mans last breath...

Upon examining the poor man cart the sheriff came upon a scale hang.....now with this man having no means to buy weighing blocks, the only possible chance for him to weigh measure for measure was againts the well dressed mans kilo of sugar........

Once again...the rope sang in the wind with no words of a poor mans last breath..Just the image of a smile...

somtimes you just cannot win.. smile and carry on..

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

0.9°C here. Probably the only time I have ever been colder than you.

I’m thinking it’s just cold rain this side of Pennines

Posted

Bit of patchy snow/sleet forming on radar, wonder if we'll get any action before the rain moves in.

Posted

Rather a late update, despite radar showing precipitation for near 3 hours, we've had a few light snow flurries that's all. Expecting to wake up to a wet scene and snow thawed quick off modest heights.

Posted

looking at that radar currently snow got something personal against Manchester, I'm sure of it

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Now that’s a mess of a radar

0B7A1F13-1DBC-4858-A89D-6278CC356C78.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

GFS looks very interesting for next weekend. Somewhere in for a hammering. As for this w/e can’t see why METO has amber for the SE. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
5 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Ps don’t go on model thread anymore either it’s just southern thread will it snow in my back garden 

......usually does in yours 

• Like 4

Posted

Definitely some potential from the WNW later next week. Uppers look cold enough to me.

The convective window won’t necessarily last all that long but worth watching. Check out ECM for instance. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Definitely some potential from the WNW later next week. Uppers look cold enough to me.

The convective window won’t necessarily last all that long but worth watching. Check out ECM for instance. 

spacer.png

We haven’t been invited to most of this years snow parties but it’s still a damn site better than last’ efforts.

let’s hope it keeps it up for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, iand61 said:

We haven’t been invited to most of this years snow parties but it’s still a damn site better than last’ efforts.

let’s hope it keeps it up for the next few weeks.

I absolutely agree. Let’s hope for a direct westerly late next week so as much of the NW can get in on the action as possible. 

So far from the output I’m fairly confident of lying snow in southern parts of the region, including Manchester, by Friday night. We’ll see how we get on! Lots could change before then. 

• Like 3

Posted

Latest GFST T850s are a bit borderline for coast -6 – -7 but again geo-potential heights are  low like a few weeks ago so should be alright. Also DPs are low

• Like 3

Posted

Perhaps the chance of back edge snow for some Wednesday night. Still too far away for details yet though.

Don’t like GFS after next weekend but again waiting far away.