Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
51 minutes ago, dodge said:

Agreed...not often you see tree's in that glorified presentation in this country...certainly not the previous mild winters we've had.  Whilst IMBY I haven't had much in the way of snowfall the frost, ice and fog has made a welcome come back this winter so far.

Tonight could be a 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it affair' if you're awake into the early hours... because with a forecast max of 8-9c tomorrow afternoon...any snow won't stick around for long.

Promising signs for later next week.

No signs of any snow here; but it's been frozen all day and hasn't gotten over 0ºC today

I'm just in from training in the garage and outside (any overhead pressing needs to be outside as the garage is too low); and it's bitter out there 

Last time I saw weather like your photos was Dec 2010; everywhere around here was so heavy with snow and ice, it was amazing to see

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Air frost has just begun again. Considering that the minimum for tonight was supposed to be around 2.3°C that’s quite a comical difference.

• Like 1

Posted

Amber warning for the South (looks short lived) amazingly avoiding the north west. I am desperate for even a cm or 2.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, jam2010 said:

Amber warning for the South (looks short lived) amazingly avoiding the north west. I am desperate for even a cm or 2.

May see a slight bit of sleet early hours, but then just the usual rain.. image.thumb.png.fbaaaebaca1838510346b15df5cd3de1.png 

Could see a bit of light snow for a time hopefully on Sunday ... image.thumb.png.e96f8b24f43aac662260c5ed91642611.png 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Just been out in the car and it’s showing -2oC already everything frozen solid. If it rains on this cold ground it will be lethal 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Erm I did not authorise this site to sign me in with facebook and I cant delete the post >> Craig Cragz Hughes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I just had to drive 10 minutes over the moors to see the snow. Gorgeous, crisp and sparkling with about 3 inches of powdery snow. Makes you really jealous.

73805FD2-9C29-42C6-9694-D82C8D465E77.jpeg

659A9C49-D9A0-4BA4-B7AF-F4AFBAC67217.jpeg

48817714-FC67-4295-A72C-49A740C8301A.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
50 minutes ago, jam2010 said:

where in north manchester are you?

Posted
On 14/01/2021 at 14:01, Dan B said:

Back to rain here now

Had about 3 hours of snow; but none stuck at all as it's so wet

Where are you in Preston?

Pretty close to the M6  near redscar. Often snows south of the river when  its raining here ..... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not excited about an hour of potential slush tonight. Won't be there in the morning anyway as mild air barges in from the west.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
27 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

Pretty close to the M6  near redscar. Often snows south of the river when  its raining here ..... 

Know it well pal; used to train at Reps there (they're now famous on Facebook and Blog Preston for staying open and getting fined because of that)

My Nan lived in Grimsargh too

I'm this side of the Ribble in Walton le Dale; can be hit n miss for us. But can be snowing 5mins up the road at Hoghton Tower etc

• Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.9f055945eccd3d8a359c171a4671230d.png << Met office going a bit OTT with the warning for this aren't they for London ? especially as it will have all melted within an hour,  surely if they keep using these Amber warnings for such small events then people won't take them seriously when a big event is actually due.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

And...the Mod roller-coaster seems to be on a plateau to a slight descent tonight. The mothership has realised that the travel corridor will be closed before it arrives and it hasn't got a hope in hell of getting a COVID test  72hours befor or for that matter +336h either.

Edit, this may not apply to N of Birmingham though.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
2 minutes ago, Slidergate &#x27;17 said:

Looks like a bit of freezing rain appearing to the south of Chester... horrible stuff.

image.thumb.png.cf59398e8d2977c963614ac55d8971c6.png

Posted

Another cold day,  didn't manage an ice day, but not far off. Yesterday's wet slushy snow quickly hardened into ice last night. Temperatures overnight fell markedly under clear skies and light winds, freezing fog this morning which lingered in many parts producing a misty low cloud with some brightness but the weak sun couldn't punctuate it. If we were into February then it would have the strength, alas we are still in the dark third of the month (Nov-Feb). 

Beautiful scenes, snow and ice. Snow lay on branches of trees and ice encased those that had no snow. Icicles in many places.

Checking radar we have some pink encroaching into the West Lakes, might have a short dose of snow within the next hour or two, bit earlier than expected, before turning rapidly to sleet, then rain. Will keep any eye and report back. Pleased in a way it is happening now, rather than the morning, nothing worse than waking up to snow falling but then seeing it turn to sleet and rain.. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted

Front moving in quite fast, radar shows green and pink overhead here, but nothing falling from the sky. I suspect once we have some heavier precipitation the warmer uppers will feed down quickly to low surface, so may have a very brief spell of wet snowflakes.

Next few days not very inspiring, pity all of yesterday's snow will be pushed aside, could have done with high pressure holding firm for the weekend to enable a lovely one for winter walks.

Next weekend may deliver the goods, and we might finally have a decent cover on the ground.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Radar looks impressive with what looks like a heavy band forming in front of the main band

shame it’s gonna be mostly rain

Looks like its snowing at Llandudno

WWW.WESTSHOREBEACHCAFE.COM

This North Wales webcam shows views from the West Shore of Llandudno across to Penmaenmawr, Puffin Island, Angelesey and the south west of the Great Orme.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I think this band ahead of the main front should be mostly snow as cold air is still in place above us. Don’t see why not.

• Like 1

Posted

DPs are below 0. Maybe ice pellets.

• Like 1