Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Going bed, it’s raining

4 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Met Office banishes the precip south of Crosby and has it missing Manchester, Cheshire, etc..

Close call, certainly a stall on que, Oldham over to Queensbury getting a pasting. Less precip south of Manchester I think looking at radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
1 minute ago, Kasim Awan said:

Close call, certainly a stall on que, Oldham over to Queensbury getting a pasting. Less precip south of Manchester I think looking at radar.

Not stalled just yet, still building. West of M6 might be ok for PPN, but what it falls as is anyone's guess

Posted

"Feeling cold with further outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow through the night. Widespread frost is expected, locally severe over any snow cover, and turning icy in places. Minimum temperature -5 °C."

Are the met office on drugs? Widespread frost tonight? In what dimension is there going to be a widespread frost tonight? Skies won't be clearing at all for the next 20 hours at least

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Close call, certainly a stall on que, Oldham over to Queensbury getting a pasting.

Hope so , would be happy with that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

This is it for me ... the absolute end. Once again I am sat watching locations just to the south east and north of me benefit from a good dumping while it just miraculously Avoids my location. Absolutely sick of it now - wether it be being in the no snow zone in the great south west storm of 2019 or a once in a lifetime January trip to Scandinavia and the Baltic’s which turned out to be the mildest winter ever - I am done. I am convinced I am In a  simulation. I am not rising to it anymore - I AM DONE!  

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Barmada_Casten said:

This is it for me ... the absolute end. Once again I am sat watching locations just to the south east and north of me benefit from a good dumping while it just miraculously Avoids my location. Absolutely sick of it now - wether it be being in the no snow zone in the great south west storm of 2019 or a once in a lifetime January trip to Scandinavia and the Baltic’s which turned out to be the mildest winter ever - I am done. I am convinced I am In a  simulation. I am not rising to it anymore - I AM DONE!  

No one knows where your location is. No where is getting a good dumping right now, it's raining in most places across the region. Rather than being 'done', just do what most do. Get in the car and drive to the peaks.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

No one knows where your location is. No where is getting a good dumping right now, it's raining in most places across the region. Rather than being 'done', just do what most do. Get in the car and drive to the peaks.

if your gunna bite the cigar...smoke it..

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

Err no offence as I really don’t want to start something off but we are In the middle of a global pandemic and national lockdown. Going ‘driving to the peaks’ to find snow is hardly essential travel and could put others and myself at risk!  

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Cryosphere. said:

if your gunna bite the cigar...smoke it..

Good point! > fair better than the previous one! ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Not stalled just yet, still building. West of M6 might be ok for PPN, but what it falls as is anyone's guess

It will either stall with Cheshire & central Derbyshire as the southern boundary or head south through Staffordshire & Derbyshire & the N. Mids as per two extremes on hi res. A blend of this looking likely i.e. a slow down from Wrexham through Cheshire, Lancashire, S & W Yorkshire.

My bet is green > marginal local coverings to 2cm in heavy ppn 

Purple > dusting to 2cm locally below 100m, 1-4cm quite widely above 

Orange > 2-5cm widely, 5cm+ over 200m 

Yellow > 1-2cm widely above 80-100m 5cm+ above 200m

20210108_010813.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Sleety rain again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

It will either stall with Cheshire & central Derbyshire as the southern boundary or head south through Staffordshire & Derbyshire & the N. Mids as per two extremes on hi res. A blend of this looking likely i.e. a slow down from Wrexham through Cheshire, Lancashire, S & W Yorkshire.

20210108_010813.jpg

Surely will survive the showers as per the metoffice warning update now extending it to the far SW of the country.. good signal

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

20210108_010813.jpg

Liking the sound of that, hope your right, must say your predictions this morning where correct.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Stall point looks to be north of lancaster at minute

Posted
23 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Err no offence as I really don’t want to start something off but we are In the middle of a global pandemic and national lockdown. Going ‘driving to the peaks’ to find snow is hardly essential travel and could put others and myself at risk!  

Who you putting at risk if you're in a car? If you feel like 'you're done' and the only way you can not 'be done' is by driving to find the snow, then go do it. 

• Like 1

Posted

I meant done with winter ie/ throwing the tower in. And you really don’t seem to get that travel should be essential only wether it be by car or not. Frankly it’s people like you who totally disregard the rules is the reason why this region is in such a mess regards this pandemic. Please don’t reply as I tho I that totally owns this argument and I don’t want it to divulge any further and dilute the thread. The model thread is bad enough!

Posted
1 minute ago, Kasim Awan said:

Come on folks.. this isn't the place for covid arguments..

I agree mate, it’s fair to say I have shut that one down. Well fingers crossed for anyone in the firing line tonight!